By singleagain - 24/08/2009 05:16 - United States

Today, I almost got married. After the elaborate and very expensive wedding, my "husband" decided he did not want to sign the marriage license because he wasn't sure if he really wanted to settle down after all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 394
You deserved it 3 514

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HoorayForFML 0

He might have saved you trouble in the future. If that's how he felt, but signed the liscense, you guys might have gotten divorced anyway a few years from now. And, hey, you guys can always make it official later if he does finally decide to commit.... if you're still together, that is. ;)

Now that you've got the bigassed wedding you always wanted out of the way, you can concentrate on finding somebody worth marrying.

Comments

Now that you've got the bigassed wedding you always wanted out of the way, you can concentrate on finding somebody worth marrying.

that's why you get the license BEFORE the wedding

i married 4 months ago and i too had very similar drama. i foolishly till married my husband after that shit he pulled now im living in hell. ((hugs)) it does get better. the orchids' torturer has spoken.

nica73 0

I call FAKE. You get the marriage license BEFORE the wedding, not after.

that's a dick move. maybe he was to scared to say something sooner because you would leave him. sounds like he still wants to be with you, but he's just a commitment phone. FYL.

ring ring ring ring ring, commitment phone ring ring ring ring ring, COMMITMENT PHOOOONNNNE!!! (tell me someone knows that tune!)

For those who don't know. To be considered MARRIED, you must indeed sign a marriage license, either before or after th4e actually ceremony. In fact, the ceremony doesn't really mean shit. That's why you can get married at the Justice of Peace. All marriage is, is a piece of paper. The love that is between the two people is the union. Which is clearly lacking in this case. OP...Run far far away and find you a REAL man.

doggie3 0

That's horrible. I'm so sorry.

OMGitsKaleyxo 0

that sucks and that guys a jerkoff

The_Cait 0

But you had to apply for a marriage license prior to your wedding, and sign that. If this didn't happen..sorry, honey, but in the eyes of the United States government...you're not married!

Ooooh Shit!! Hahaha! Funny part: "Today, I got ALMOST married" But it sucks. Well, if the douche isn't sure today he won't be tomorrow, so dump him. It is not a good start for happy a mariage.