By singleagain - 24/08/2009 05:16 - United States

Today, I almost got married. After the elaborate and very expensive wedding, my "husband" decided he did not want to sign the marriage license because he wasn't sure if he really wanted to settle down after all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 395
You deserved it 3 514

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HoorayForFML 0

He might have saved you trouble in the future. If that's how he felt, but signed the liscense, you guys might have gotten divorced anyway a few years from now. And, hey, you guys can always make it official later if he does finally decide to commit.... if you're still together, that is. ;)

Now that you've got the bigassed wedding you always wanted out of the way, you can concentrate on finding somebody worth marrying.

Comments

Braxxis 0

I call fake on this. Speaking as someone just married 2 years ago. First of all to all of those saying "the ceremony means squat", you are incorrect. In order to legally be recognized and validated as a married couple, two things. The Justice/Judge/Priest/w.e. MUST sign the certificate or else it is Null and Void. You also MUST have witnesses sign said certificate. The person performing the ceremony does not sign this until AFTER the ceremony. HOWEVER. BOTH married persons MUST sign the certificate before the ceremony can even be performed. This is a FACT. So while yes, the husband can back out like the FML, he can not decide AT the wedding not to sign something he was required by to law sign a week prior, because specifically in Ohio, there is a 5 day waiting period before you can even receive your (signed) license, which you WOULD HAVE signed 5 days prior. No certificate, no ceremony. They would have needed said certificate (which she claims he refused to sign) to even hold the ceremony in the first place. This certificate would have been signed by both parties already. So again... you get a YDI for a fake FML.

oblivio 0

I know it's been a while since anyone commented on this, but #111 is really bugging me. Different states have different rules about who signs the marriage license and when. I've been married three years and my husband and I didn't sign the license. In our state only the priest/judge/whatever and two witnesses have to sign, and that's after the ceremony. So calling this a fake based on your own personal experience is stupid. I honestly think there are people that just get off on claiming everything is fake.

**** him if you were ready he should have jumped at the chance he doesn't deserve you you should leave him and he will realize he did want you

Hailstorm88 0

i'd sue him and get your money back

hateevryone 14

that stupid ass. he waited all that time to figure out if he wanted to get married or not

paulie1998 0

If he comes back to you, don't take him back,

408trancejunkie 3

Thanks that made my day.... lol

In Aust you have to sign something on your wedding day. And I am so sorry for what happened to you that's terrible.

I would pretend to be ok with it, and leave at a convenient time. He can't be trusted