By ZombieGirl - 11/08/2015 07:43 - United States - Tampa

Today, I signed the lease on my first apartment alone with my boyfriend. We've lived here a month before we got to sign. Today is also the day my neighbors decided to show how they're night owls: all I hear is banging on the walls and them loudly talking and yelling. This will be a long year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 684
You deserved it 1 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1dvs_bstd 41

Return the favor. Personally, I'd prefer roaring or moaning like your life depends on an ****** everytime you have sex. Get creative, OP. Either that or talk to them/landlord. They're both fine choices.

Comments

That's what I did when the new upstairs neighbor started blasting some tribal bongo ululating music at 5:30 in the morning for days in a row. Apparently that noise complaint irritated him because he switched to some sort of evangelical preaching and turned the volume all the way up. He got a second noise complaint for that too. Now he makes sure to stomp as loudly as possible as he walks over my bedroom at 4:30 a.m. Some people just live to annoy others.

11, sounds like your fist needs to file a noise complaint with that douchecanoes face.

JustinJK 21

11, I had to deal with that with a nextdoor neighbor. I just called the non emergency police number several times until they started giving them fines until they stopped. They were playing heavy metal until way too early in the morning.

1dvs_bstd 41

Return the favor. Personally, I'd prefer roaring or moaning like your life depends on an ****** everytime you have sex. Get creative, OP. Either that or talk to them/landlord. They're both fine choices.

Yell religiously all the while :) or ask your BF

Murilirum 23

I vote the first option, but that's just me.

SweetSociopathy 24

Treat your neighbors like children: keep them up all day so they'll sleep at night.

Can't you complain to the landlord? That wouldn't be tolerating in any apartment I've lived in. I'm sure other residents would side with you, too.

A07 48

Maybe try talking to them like adults before trying out all these suggestions above?

FalloutScrolls 25

File a noise complaint with the landlord.

I know this has been said already, but if the noise is that unbearable, I would file a complaint with the landlord Or you could just listen to their loud noises forever. Whichever you like best

Tell the landlord, if he/she is anything like mine the problem will be solved immediately. If the neighbors are that wild and crazy it's probably not a good idea to talk to them directly. Explain the excessive noise politely and ask the landlord to look into it. Wait a day or so, and if it doesn't subside call the police. Whatever you do, don't make an enemy of them and continue to lead by example by being courteous yourself.