By xxccruzxx - 29/06/2012 13:30 - United States

Today, at work, my phone kept crashing. Without thinking, I announced that it was having a seizure. Who did I announce this to? My boss. Who also happens to have epilepsy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 163
You deserved it 29 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh my god...you said "seizure" in front of someone with epilepsy? You're a terrible person! You should be beaten for that! Oh wait, that's insensitive to people who have been beaten. My apologies. I meant to say that you suck! No, that's insensitive to people who can't afford a vacuum. What I meant was, how could you be so stupid? Wait wait, that's insensitive to stupid people... See where I'm going with this, people? If you weren't so goddamned sensitive about every little thing wrong with you, people wouldn't have to worry so much about offending you. I'm not perfect at all, but I've learned to laugh at my own inadequacies and errors. Ultimately I'm happier and so is everyone around me.

I dunno, I don't think that's really offensive, he must've known you weren't being malicious or anything. I have a heart condition and if someone told me they were having a heart attck in a similar sentence I wouldn't care, I doubt I'd even really register it as possibly offensive. Some phrases are, like saying your phone is 'being a spaz', but I don't think what OP said is anything bad. It's not derogatory.

Comments

mhopper 13

1. Open mouth. 2. Insert foot.

zmiller96 2

Open mouth insert gun pull trigger solve problems

Open mouth. Insert gun. Pull trigger. Get a pleasant blast of cool water in your mouth. Because blowing your brains out will only make a mess of things.

Oh my god...you said "seizure" in front of someone with epilepsy? You're a terrible person! You should be beaten for that! Oh wait, that's insensitive to people who have been beaten. My apologies. I meant to say that you suck! No, that's insensitive to people who can't afford a vacuum. What I meant was, how could you be so stupid? Wait wait, that's insensitive to stupid people... See where I'm going with this, people? If you weren't so goddamned sensitive about every little thing wrong with you, people wouldn't have to worry so much about offending you. I'm not perfect at all, but I've learned to laugh at my own inadequacies and errors. Ultimately I'm happier and so is everyone around me.

Seem legit. Well said Bastard. Shit! Sorry, I meant to say Doc.

I completely agree with Docbastard. My daughter is retarded and every time I say that sentence someone gasps in horror. Why? I can say she is 'mentally challenged' but that is a longer way of saying retarded. You can call a rhinocerous a pearl, but it's still a rhinocerous. To use that trite phrase, it is what it is. If someone uses the word 'retarded,' that doesn't bother or offend me in the least.

To me the "R-word" is like the "N-word" and should be moved from everyone vocabulary.it's just rude!

GuessWhatKids 13

Nigga you bein a retard. Words are only offensive because you react to them that way. Stop being so literal; adapt to modern slang and get a sense of intent and you'll be doing yourself and everyone a favor.

But that's like saying that if someone slings the word "n*gger" around I shouldn't be offended?

I'm sure anyone can understand that a saying like that is part of today's lingo and wasn't intended to be offensive.

It happens :/ my friend has depression and sometimes I accidentally say "thats depressing" in front of her but shes an awesome friend and forgives me.

You really put your foot in your mouth this time, OP. Real smooth.

TheFamilyElf 17

Oh goodness, OP. I know how you feel. One of the first times I hung out with my friend, I made a joke about how something I was using was "having a seizure." imagine how far into my mouth my foot went when he said, "...my brother had a seizure once.." However, he understood how often the saying is used, and ended up becoming my boyfriend, so hopefully your boss won't overreact and will understand that you weren't trying to offend him! Also, as the doc mentioned earlier, people can't be so sensitive. It's not like you said "my phone's being so stupid, it's almost as stupid as people that have seizures." It's an awkward moment, but you'll be fine:)

TheFamilyElf 17

edit: I know some people are more sensitive than others, which is ok. just try to know who you're talking to. There's a good chance your boss won't be too offended:)

Could have been worse. You could have been a commercial passenger jet captain and announced over the intercom "damn thing is crashing".

Lionesse 15

If it was on purpose then that was insensitive but if it wasn't, understand we all have times when we want to stick our foot in our mouth. Just shrug it off and apologize either way :)

That was really stupid...seizures suck. (I used to have seizures every 5 minutes)