By Anonymous - 15/05/2015 20:58 - United States - Evanston

Today, at work, I was about to close a big sale, when a coworker rushed over and said there was a call for me in the office. He heavily implied my mom had died, and I rushed out. After I figured out there was no call and that my mom was fine, he'd already stolen my sale and the commission. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 095
You deserved it 2 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is unacceptable. You should inform your boss about this so your coworker will get what he deserves.

That is absurd, he can't get away with that !! There must be somewhere you can make a complaint. That's so mean as well to make you think your mum died just to steal your sale, who the hell in their right mind does that?

Comments

i don't recommend the use of violence ever, but this is one of those times, that if you bitch-slap your coworker, i'd look the other way!

never_alone 10

wtf is wrong with your co-worker? that is so mean :( sounds like grounds to get him fired if you ask me

I feel like in a sales environment the conversation would go like this: OP: Boss, Smith said my mom died and took over my sale Boss: Good job Smith we need more people like you, promotion time. Sales is the worst. Makes me think of that American Dad episode lol

i definitely suggest you make a complaint about him to your boss bc that's completely unfair when you worked hard for that commission. make sure that asshole gets what he deserves

lexiieeex3 32

What a prick. Get that bastard fired that's unacceptable.

funneh1 21

Wow...what an ass move. You're coworker is one giant ********. Tell him I said that, emphasize it for me, will ya? Don't worry OP, karma will bite him in the ass twice as hard. He probably has a small dick for that matter.....hehe.

"Someone on the Internet whom I've never met nor never will ever meet says that your head is a penis and that your genitalia is unimpressive. I'm starting to see a trend in her thinking, now that I say it out loud. Oh, and she claims she's 'funneh'." Yeah, that'll teach him. NOT!

giantsfan2010 23

I work as a commission salesman at Nordstrom and there's always a manager on duty making sure everyone is not doing anything suspicious. They usually know who's helping which customer and will ring up for you under certain circumstances. You guys should have that as well depending on what kind of job it is.

Is there anyway you can do something to him where his loved one gets a call for real.........maybe from a hospital.

Wow, that was pretty stupid of you. No one on the planet would pass on that sort of sensitive information to a person in public. Hope you learn your lesson.

So if someone you knew rushed up to you and told you your mother had died, you'd just ignore them? That's a bit risky!

If you read the FML it said a death in the family implied. I have a touch more respect than to blurt that out for everyone to hear. I would deliver the news in private.

That's not what I'm asking. You said that OP was stupid to believe what the coworker said, and shouldn't have rushed out. So I'm asking if someone came up to you and implied that your mother had died, would you not rush to go and see what was wrong?

Correct. In my country, in the industry that I work in we are a touch more professional than that. What I do is ask the person if they have a minute, could they excuse themselves and come to my office. I shut the door and break the bad news to them. This same technique was the one used for me when I was at work and a family member died.

91hayek 31

Always Be Closing. Still, FYL OP. All bets are off, time to sabotage his sales.

Sabotage is a great idea! OP, just make sure you do it in such a way that he doesn't realize he is being sabotaged, he just thinks he is slowly losing his mind