By Anonymous - 15/05/2015 20:58 - United States - Evanston

Today, at work, I was about to close a big sale, when a coworker rushed over and said there was a call for me in the office. He heavily implied my mom had died, and I rushed out. After I figured out there was no call and that my mom was fine, he'd already stolen my sale and the commission. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 095
You deserved it 2 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is unacceptable. You should inform your boss about this so your coworker will get what he deserves.

That is absurd, he can't get away with that !! There must be somewhere you can make a complaint. That's so mean as well to make you think your mum died just to steal your sale, who the hell in their right mind does that?

Comments

I work in sales, and if someone even sniffs at stealing a sale without doing any of the work, then the commission goes to the original consultant. Otherwise it's split if the other person does some work. I hope your job has similar rules.

Those calls would be recorded. You can just get the boss to listen to the recording and he'll notice he change of person.

What makes you think it was a call? It could just as well have been in a store.

You should get something out of that...next time they try to get you to leave take the call afterwords in a way yes family does come first but with something like that work then is the kicker over family

Put something unpleasant in his coffee.

Tell your boss, that's Just being an a**hole

Sorry OP - that sucks. I had something similar years ago. I was laid-off and took a job selling cars to make ends meet. One of the "veteran" salesmen distracted me as I was about to close a sale and by the time I got back the customer was gone and so was my commission. But, I got my commission back later that night behind the dealership, while the guy who stole it got a black eye, two missing teeth and a case of extremely kicked-in balls. I'm not really promoting violence, but don't screw with my paycheck.

TomeDr 24

Report him to your manager or HR!

kill the Mom of your coworker and write with her blood "is it still funny?" in the wall always works jk

Meh, that only works once. Take the pet, that'll be replaced for the next time.