By fuckmyjob - 19/06/2014 20:10 - United States - Lake Charles

Today, at my first day working at Walmart, a customer asked if we have any egg cookers. I said I wasn't sure, but that I'd be "eggstatic" to go ask for him. The first clue I got to suggest he hated puns was him yelling "Don't get smart with me, boy!" and then threatening to kill me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 011
You deserved it 10 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess you were walking on eggshells after that.

revan546 24

I thought it was an eggcellent pun OP

Comments

The threatening to kill, way overboard on the reaction. As for you making the pun and his response, eh, you deserved it. When I go to a store, I'm just trying to get my stuff and get out, the less time spent with the idiots of the general public, the better. So when I have to deal with forced chit chat or something like a worker deciding to say puns when all I'm looking for is a simple answer so I can be on my way, it wears extremely thin and bound to put me in a foul mood. I wouldn't go as far as this guy did with threatening to kill you. but you would absolutely get the glare of death from me. And if the glare proved not to be enough, I certainly would have more than a few choice words to follow it up with.

ileenefudge 29

You don't sound like a happy person but in a way I agree with you. There is a time and place for puns and jokes. When I'm in a bad mood the last thing I want is an employee of the store cracking stupid jokes at me when I'm trying to ask about something serious or not. Even if it's customer service at Walmart, you should hold a certain level of professionalism, and watch what you say around the customers. OP has a great sense of humor but just going around making random puns and jokes don't make everyone laugh and some people , even those who give the awkward laugh, may think he's weird and maybe not mature enough to hold a job when he's supposed to be serious at times. Just my opinion though.

cryssycakesx3 22

I agree about not being in the mood, but it's not like op wasted his time. his stupid word, I guess we're calling it a pun, didn't take anymore extra time than if he would have just said "ecstatic"

Oh Come On...I Would Have Loved To Hear That...It Depends Who You Get But Usually You Can Get Away With It...This Time Not So Much...Better Luck Next Time OP

TJStarzZ 8

But you were simply trying to be an eggcellent employee...

Give it time the life will be sucked out of you soon. I know from experience.

Some people are just crazy like that OP don't worry about it

Nyarlothatep 12

Threatening to kill you was an ovary egg-streme pun-ishment..

If Walmart is anything like British superstores and if the public are half as ignorant over here your gusto will die a sad and premature death pretty soon. Get all your puns out while you can.

Guess he didn't think it was very punny!!!

Haha! If you said that to me I would laugh. I don't know what's wrong with him though :/