By burnt38392 - 24/12/2010 19:36 - United States

Today, as a means of getting over my abusive ex, I decided to write his name on a piece of paper and light it on fire. As I lit the paper up, I noticed the marker ink had bled through it. The paper is gone, but his name is forever engraved on my desk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 502
You deserved it 19 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sandpaper will remove it, then use some touch up varnish to make the sanded patch blend in with the rest of the desk. Congrats on getting rid of an abusive ex, though!

yea! now you get to torch a desk. bigger is better

Comments

Use windex. I know it sounds weird, but I used it on a wooden door covered in permanent marker, and it worked.

That's what you get for being ******* dramatic.

In most cases, you can remove permanent marker from wood (and possibly other surfaces, though I've never tested any) by going over the permanent ink with a dry erase marker and then wiping away with an eraser.

congratulations for getting over with him, burn his name out and moving on but why the hell would you burn ON the table? a thing called fireplaces or outside. smh

lovecartman 0

You're not Taylor Swift :) Sorry OP

if it's like sharpie ink try acetone. not nail polish romover but 100% pure acetone. that shit gets everything out. but if it's a really nice real wood desk use hair spray. soak the area with hair spray and slowly but surely use a old cloth n blot away the area repeating the hair spray to pull the ink out of the wood. :) hope I helped Hun.

Karnezar 2

Draw over it. Draw Godzilla. Rampaging Tokyo, with laser beams coming out of his eyes. And a dragon flying overhead, with grizzly bears shooting semi-automatic weapons. As innocent citizens are running away and jumping off the edge of your desk. It shall be epic.

And she can draw her abusive boyfriend in godzillas hand being eaten, it SHALL be epic!

I'm pretty sure it's not actually engraved unless you wrote his name with a knife. Just get some turpentine or kerosene or methylated spirits - that'll take it off in no time.

imagine the irony if her ex-boyfriend was Mr Clean