By burnt38392 - 24/12/2010 19:36 - United States

Today, as a means of getting over my abusive ex, I decided to write his name on a piece of paper and light it on fire. As I lit the paper up, I noticed the marker ink had bled through it. The paper is gone, but his name is forever engraved on my desk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 502
You deserved it 19 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sandpaper will remove it, then use some touch up varnish to make the sanded patch blend in with the rest of the desk. Congrats on getting rid of an abusive ex, though!

yea! now you get to torch a desk. bigger is better

Comments

Goof off, rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, all these things work. Start scrubbing, and great job ditching the b*tch!

cbr600_fml 0

do you drink champagne vodkas? that's what classy broads drink

No,but I have just recently discovered Pomatinis. I prefer beer though, don't like the sweet drinks much.

Wtf did you write his name on the paper with a knife? How is it engraved on the desk? If you mean stained there's a thousand ways to get rid of it so no big deal.

Where in any part of the post did it say it was engraved?

"...but his name is forever -engraved- on my desk. FML"

It also says the marker ink bled through it. I need to find me some markers that can carve wood. Engraved was her way of saying permanent. She just doesn't know there are ways to remove permanent ink without removing the entire desk.

Regardless of what OP meant, it definitely did have the word "engraved."

So I had to read after a couple times, my mind focused on the marker part. Marker is not the same as engraving, so I just automatically blotted that out. Thanks for repeating that to me though!

ubunchofpanzies 0
mr_miyagi 0

"forever engraved?" really? i didnt know that theres not one way to wash off marker stains. looks like op is s.o.l.

You should have used a ball point pen instead.

"Engraved?" Either you confused a marker for a knife, you don't know what "engraved" means, or both. Either way, you're an idiot, especially for thinking that burning his name will help. At all.