By twitch01 - 09/08/2009 07:31 - United States

Today, as a joke, my friends and I decided to put me in a dress and makeup, to creep out a friend. I'm a guy. I'm not sure which is worse, the fact that I so willingly volunteered to wear the dress and the makeup, or the fact that I thought it was comfy and made me look slim. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 766
You deserved it 54 380

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i never understood why girls could wear guys' clothes but guys couldn't wear girls' clothes

I once had to cross dress as part of a play. I felt so comfy in the dress. XD Most guys just won't understand.

Comments

glitteroverdrive 0

So? It's all right for men to have a feminine side.

chowyuk 0

ydi for being atleast bi-curious

This is reminding me of a song: "Here comes Dick, he's wearing a skirt. Here comes Jane and she's sporting a chain / And today people dress, the way that they please, the way they tried to do in the last centuries / And today Dick's wearing pants, today Jane is wearin' a dress..." If a guy wants to wear a dress, what's the biggie? I'm a girl, and I hardly ever wear dresses and skirts.

I agree.. I hate wearing dresses and I'm 100% straight.

Rascal_620 0

Hmm thats quite interesting. I unfortunatly would never look good in a dress since I am already way to thin, I have skinny legs, and small breasts. Though I also find it odd that you thought it was comfy since usually dresses arn't... Either way its nothing to worry about, and not an FML...

Depends entirely on the dress. Evening gowns, sure, but if we're talking a basic light sundress or something, few things are comfier. Same goes for really long skirts.

If you're thin, I think you'd look great in a dress. Though I'd probably also love to see you in a cami and skinny jeans.

YDI for going along with it, and calling it an FML

juicyxoxolove16 0
slipstumble 0

Well, I'm a woman and I'm Scottish so I'm well used to seeing guys wandering around in a skirt. Scotsmen love to get the kilts out for formal events and I can assure you there is nothing gay about it. For those who disagree, then feel free to come to Scotland and voice your opinions here....and good luck with that!

DarkestSonata 0

& 58 There are two holes in your reasoning. First of all the OP is from United States and if a dude wears a skirt in the US he either has serious mental problems or is gay. Secondly it wasn't a skirt it was a dress plus he had make-up on, something i'm sure no Scotsmen does, and if you find one send me a picture to post on failblog. Final Verdict... GAY

letitbe56 0

60- There are problems with your reasoning too, particularly in that it's based on what people like to call "bigotry." Two facts: 1. Mental illness is no longer defined by deviance alone, and hasn't been for some time. There's two more D's in there, if I remember my basic psychology correctly... 2. Homosexuality is no longer considered a mental disorder. And that's when we leave aside the fact that you've assumed that a man in a dress MUST be gay. If you're looking for mental disorders, there are two other, far more likely explanations. 1. He is a transvestite 2. He is transexual But we can rule out 1 because he wasn't sexually aroused by wearing the dress. And we can rule out 2 because he hasn't expressed any conviction that he is actually a woman. So really, he's just a dude who thinks a dress is comfy. Who gives a flying ****.

fooliomcgee 0

"First of all the OP is from United States and if a dude wears a skirt in the US he either has serious mental problems or is gay." No. Not true. People will judge him and think that he may be gay. Goodness so many people in the US are so close minded (don't get me wrong, I'm from the US too..). You really can't blame him for thinking it's comfortable, alot of dresses are! And I'm sure for guys it's nice and...breezy.... ...yeah...

DarkestSonata 0

# 66 i should have been more specific. i never meant that he was actually gay. But if any of my friends had put on a dress and make-up the first thing that would come into my head would be the word gay, whether they actually were or not wouldn't matter. Call it bigotry if you want but I don't think a man should be wearing a dress and make-up and be enjoying himself. The situation was gay.

Why shouldn't a man be wearing a dress and make-up and enjoy himself doing it? I don't even know where to begin with that one. For one, historically, make-up has been used for both men and women and only relatively recently in society has it been decided that men shouldn't wear make-up. Similarly, while western society has generally labeled dresses as feminine, across the world dresses and dress-like garments have also been worn by men. There is no reason to restrict these things to women except that "everyone else says so" and, quite frankly, that is just stupid. Please, in words that don't reduce to "it's what I'm used to", explain to me what is so inherently feminine about dresses or make-up. Further, even if you do manage to explain what is inherently feminine about them (which, of course, you can't), what's wrong with a guy doing something inherently feminine? Again, this is something that will be reduced to "it's what I'm used to", and that is just bullshit. And, yes, it is bigotry if you say a man shouldn't wear female-designated clothing. There is nothing wrong with transvestism, and it's not as if such people are affecting you in any way. Even further, gay is not the same as transvestite, and transvestite is not the same as gay. There are many people who are the former but not the latter or who are the latter but not the former and one does *not* imply the other. And, finally, *nothing* about this situation is gay unless after putting on the dress he proceeded to have sex with the other guys or something.

There's 2 holes in many things. One of them being your wife.

Rho_fml 0

Amen. Society tells us what is and is not "acceptable" because something becomes the norm and as we all know, people who go outside that norm in any way must be shunned, corrected or destroyed. We like neat little categories for things so we don't have to think too far outside the box, and having a bifurcated gender system in social roles, appearance, actions and clothing is much easier for the people incapable of higher thought.

While I agree with most of what you said, you don't have to be sexually aroused to consider yourself a transvestite.

Prescott 0

#118 - I think you're just gay and scared to come out of the closet. I'm 100% sure that dressing and feeling like a woman is shunned because of the direct relation it has with homosexual behavior. You're more in touch with your feminine side, yes, but that's only because you like dick.

Yes folks, you heard it here first! Clothing officially deemed to be feminine nature causes an instant, powerful and complex neurological change, in which straight men become gay, never to return to heterosexual preference again. No, it doesn’t work the same way for women or to turn from gay to straight. I mean, THAT would be nuts! So don’t try on mommy’s panties, not even once- it only takes a second!

It's fine. You're obviously just comfortable in your own sexuality, and if you look good and slim, that's awesome!