By TicketMePink - 20/05/2016 05:57 - United States

Today, an officer ticketed me for texting while driving. Apparently, getting dumped costs $180. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 419
You deserved it 21 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just because it's a breakup text doesn't mean it's a freebie.

I mean, either way you shouldn't have been texting.

Comments

I am sorry for you but thats not a free pass to text while driving

dragoongirl90 34

You still deserve it for checking your texts while driving

**** you OP. I don't have sympathy for dumbasses. You are a very selfish person and you deserved so much more than just a $180 fine. Hopefully you learn a valuable lesson and read every one of these responses to learn just how dangerous it is to text and drive. You don't realize how damn lucky you are for that police officer to pull you over and save everyone else on the road. ****.

good choice to break up you. your lucky you didn't get killed, although you should have been for texting and driving.

Haha. Here first offence is $555 minimum. That includes if the police officer even sees the phone while it's turned off. (Vancouver BC)

Who wants to date a person who texts and drives?

xxreikoxx 31

Oh, I definitely don't. If someone wants to be my partner, and I see them picking up anything whilst driving - never mind a phone, then I'm dumping their arse right there. Life is more important than a stupid text or phone call.

No, putting other peoples lives in danger because you're not paying attention to the road costs $180, which is cheap imo, you deserve it.

xxreikoxx 31

Honestly, I have absolutely no sympathy. If an accident had resulted from your breaking the law and from your being a distracted driver, then you would have a lot more to worry about than being dumped. Next time, put your stupid phone down and drive.