By aireeahna - 20/05/2016 06:04 - United States - Cedar Rapids

Today, I went on a date with a guy I've been talking to. We ended up at his house around 4 a.m., but as we walked through the front door, his ex girlfriend was sitting on the couch, apparently waiting for him to get home. They still live together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 109
You deserved it 1 088

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As someone who is currently living with my ex boyfriend, maybe I can provide some insight. My ex and I don't have enough money to afford to pay out our lease, so we have to live together until it's over and then go our separate ways. It's not easy by any means, but sometimes coming up with a deposit for a new place and paying out an old lease at the same time isn't feasible.

She probably wants him to pay her that $180 ticket.

Comments

Finding a new place to live in can be diffucult, especially financially.

usnwife 18

I can see still living together if it was a lease thing, but waiting up for him at 4am?

She was waiting to make sure he found someone who can take on the burden so she can GTFO.

As someone currently living with my ex boyfriend, I say run, run fast and run far, far away.

Why, because he did not force another person into homelessness? Finding a new apartment all of a sudden can be a pain, so letting a person stay in the current arrangement until they can afford/find a new place to live in is the decent thing to do.

I know, but living with your ex, especially if they're dating other people can be extremely painful, you never know what kind of issues lie there. I mean, after a relationship ends, one person can feel a lot better about the breakup than the other, having to watch your ex get over you really isn't something you want to do when you're trying to recover. From what I gather, the guy's ex still cares if she waits for him in the middle of night. I would say, maybe be nice and wait for them not be forced to live together anymore. Plus old feelings could come back, they could suddenly start having sex again, etc ... I have to spend 2 more months living with my ex because I can't afford to move out before, but in the meantime, neither of us are dating, out of respect for each other.

She probably wants him to pay her that $180 ticket.

Man I just read some more FMLs and realized what this was referring to. Well played sir

Woah, that's kind of crossing the line. It's okay to be friends with your ex but to live with them? That would make me feel very uncomfortable.

To be fair, it's probably uncomfortable for him too. They are most likely stuck in a lease together and neither has the money available to move out and get a new place.

I hope you mean his EX gir—oh, yes, you do.

As someone who is currently living with my ex boyfriend, maybe I can provide some insight. My ex and I don't have enough money to afford to pay out our lease, so we have to live together until it's over and then go our separate ways. It's not easy by any means, but sometimes coming up with a deposit for a new place and paying out an old lease at the same time isn't feasible.

nonsensical 26

While this may be the case, it's still very strange and uncomfortable for his ex gf to be waiting for him on the couch at 4 am. And from my understanding, OP didn't know they lived together til this moment (I could be wrong).

Yes but do you wait up for him until 4am when he's out with another girl?

I haven't been in that specific situation but I do believe he has enough respect for me to not bring another woman into our one-bedroom apartment.

#26, this will probably come across as a rude and weird question, but what are the sleeping arrangements if it's a one bedroom place? I'm just really curious!

We have a daybed in lieu of a couch, so it makes for a really comfortable sleeping situation! :)

yeah that part is acceptable, but why was she waiting up for him? did he not have keys does the door only open from inside does she feels worry about him is she jealous is she trying to c0ck block I need answers !

AliGInTheHouse 24

Similar shit happened in Friends, with Mona or something. That was a good episode.

best comment, Friends wins everytime.