By ohgosh... - 18/11/2014 03:10 - United States - Fenton

Today, after realizing my flashcards had fallen out of my binder, I asked my teacher if I could quickly go to my locker to get them. She said no and told me to go sit down. As soon as class ended, I went to my locker and brought them to her. Her response? "Why didn't you ask me to get these during class?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 276
You deserved it 2 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

It sounds like you asked mid leaving the class, most teachers would tell you to sit down regardless just for interrupting

It's amazing that flash cards is an ambiguous term now -- I immediately got confused upon reading this wondering if it was some kind of photoshop class... -- I know what flashcards are, but am still wondering why you'd have to give them to a teacher, aren't they a study aide? Anyway, it happens dude. I asked a teacher, multiple times in the last two weeks of the year if I still owed any detention, she told me "no" multiple times and eventually to stop bothering her about it (we couldn't get our report cards if we owed detention) -- I got a note mid summer that I owed detention for her class (for being tardy like 5 minutes here or there), so I had to come in to summer school and help move desks and crap for the school to make it up. It was totally bogus. If anything though, it makes you learn to appreciate people who have their shit together, and prepares you for being able to deal with it when they don't. :-)

I am a high school teacher, and I can tell you if it was at the start of the lesson, it was hectic and she probably couldn't hear you. There have been LOTS of times my students have caught me with stuff like this, and it's almost always because I couldn't hear them over all the noise of the hallway, the intercom, and the other students.

KingAdrock 16

So when you can't hear the student's question, the correct response is to deny the unheard request out of hand and tell them to sit down?

This is why I hated school. The teachers were morons.