By Anonymous - 09/01/2015 16:30 - United States - Kansas City

Today, after paying a job coach a load of money for his services, pretty much the only advice he gave me was "Send out more résumés." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 206
You deserved it 5 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Alternatively: become a job coach. Seems like an easy job.

So he's basically a guy that looks over resumes and gives obvious advice. Sounds like an easy career, sign me up.

Comments

I can't believe someone would pay for advice anyway.

Tell me how much you know about the law. I'm guessing not much. That's essentially half of what company legal departments do. They tell employees and the company how to avoid being sued.

I actually went to a job coach (career advice, I believe it was called here), although for free - he was employed by the university and students were able to turn to him whenever they wished. He was very helpful, helped me compose a CV that would help me succeed specifically in my field, and to determine what to put in, what to leave out, in which order to stress my experience. I did manage to get a fairly good job already before my graduation - can't be sure if I had succeeded without him. However, paying large sums of money seems like taking advantage of already desperate people.

well ... You heard the man! Get to sending those résumés !

My life coach is great. His name is Google and he gives free advice. He also moonlights as a doctor and a chef, amongst other things

Try askamanager.com . She has the best website around.

my job coach service is free where I live

Should've paid me instead I woul'd've said the same thing. And file for larceny

Grantastic 11

He's like the "murder consultant" in Horrible Bosses

All those type of people that promises to coach and help you find the job of your dreams is not only a waste of money but they pretty much offer no help. They don't tell you anything that you don't already know. And just take your money and you get nothing in return.