By anonymous - 06/05/2013 18:08 - United States - Poway

Today, after my mom picked me up from the mall, she asked me what was in my bag from Gap. I wouldn't tell her, and she ended up grounding me. It was her Mother's Day present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 450
You deserved it 4 984

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tjshatescra 8

Shoulda just told her it was a surprise for her...but FYL

PoopNuggetLeader 4

Comments

perdix 29

Well, I guess you'll have ALL weekend to spend with Mom on Mothers' Day Weekend. I'm not sure a gift from The Gap is going to get you out of jail. Most moms don't go for the Suburban Hipster Doofus look.

Over here Gap is for middle age or slightly older men or women (but mostly women) and children....teens and young adults, hipster or not, don't typically go near it. Is it that different in the US?

Assuming its anything like here in Canada, then yup. The Gap here is a very preppy and conservative (and ridiculously overpriced) store for young adults. Lots of polo shirts and khakis. I don't know anyone who would actually buy something there. And then there's Gap Kids, which is basically the same, but for toddlers.

perdix 29

#45, I dunno, I had a problem with the gap about 20 years ago and have never set foot in one since. From what I see in the window, I don't see any reason to break my streak.

Sweet that your shopping for her, should of told her it was a surprise but at least she'll know soon.

perdix 29

"Do you really want to be asking that a week before Mothers' Day?" is the correct answer.

Eh, sounds like she's crazy enough to do it anyway.

Tell her you bought it for her so she feels bad for grounding you.

xcam1995 6

Don't give her the gift. Make sure she goes PRESENTLESS for this indecency.

That's misusing authority. Time to return that gift

I'd return it. Her loss for not trusting her own kid.

Not saying op's mom didn't go a bit overboard, but parents can't seem to win either. If they don't trust their kid or check up on them they are too controlling, and if they do the opposite and the kid makes a mistake they are bad parents. It's not a bad thing to ask questions of your kids. It usually means that a parent cares. A good answer from op would be along the lines as a surprise or gift like many others have already said. Communication is a good thing.

actually there is nothing wrong with kids making mistakes! its even worse if they never experience failure

Unfortunately, I can see that sort of thing happening.

Sounds like you two decided to butt heads just for fun? Any reason you couldn't have said "It's something for you Mom". Other than the fact that you decided to make an issue about it?

I'm really confused as to how in the hell this sounds like op trying to start something with her mother, to you?