By Cheer4Life - 11/11/2013 21:41 - United States - Bloomington

Today, after making several comments about how I didn't exactly look thin, my boyfriend said, "Well, at least we know you'll look good pregnant." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 134
You deserved it 10 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

These are the kind of reactions you can expect when you make comments about weight...sorry :/

rhcpgurl 18

At least he was trying to make a compliment. Keyword: Trying.

Comments

XBurytheCastleX 25

Take the compliment! You were just told that you look beautiful with a bit of weight. The weight comment may have bothered you, but he was trying to compliment.

yorkie0333 13

Could've been a worse compliment

to be frank, what were you expecting? it's probably fair to make an assumption that this isn't the first time you've talked about your weight to your boyfriend, and you say yourself that you made 'several comments' about it. he probably ran out of patience trying to validate you in the way you wanted so you got a flip remark instead. so, i'm sorry, but it does sound like YDI on this one.

perdix 29

Plumpa humpas need love, too. At least they need plumpas to hump.

Well, while weight comments are never taken well, I would take this to mean that you can put a little less work into staying active and eating healthy. I would love to be able to gain a few pounds, but my metabolism won't allow it.

Aw. Worlds smallest violin. Looks like OP wasn't the only one to go fishing today.

tehdarkness 21

Aww he wants to have a baby with you. Quit fishing for compliments or you will chase him away!

janv13rlijafari 1

Hmmm....this is a toughy. Did you ask him repeatedly if he thinks you're fat? If so, then I guess he was just a little miffed and wasn't really thoughtful in his answers. If he is anything like my ex high school sweetheart, though, I feel terrible for you. One day I asked him if I looked okay in some of the blouses I was trying on and he said, "honestly it looks like you've been eating just a BIT too much comfort food lately". It was a hurtful and tactless comment, but he was right. Flash forward three years later. I could still stand to tone up but I look a lot better now. And guess what? Now he's fat and single! If you love him, OP, just chalk his comments up to raw honesty. But if he does a lot of other things to upset you, don't even entertain the idea of getting pregnant by him!

Hey OP I feel your pain. Look on the bright side, he didn't say "yeah babe, we all know you're a fatass."

littlexlune 16

Fishing is stupid. Fix it if it bothers you that much.

Don't fish for compliments...be confident about your size no matter what you look like.