By Anonymous - 03/10/2012 08:24 - United States

Today, after complaining that I had nothing to write about in my weekly journal for college, my professor suggested in front of everyone that I should get a girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 908
You deserved it 6 725

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, my right hand and I went to the cinema together.

Poetrywriter12 - Have you BEEN to uni? If not, then you have no idea what you're talking about. If so, then I'm severely disappointed with you. Sure studies are important, but the most important part of college is to LIVE.

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

To be fair, you were complaining about basically having a boring life, and the Professor offered you a solution. Go get em', tiger! ;)

sounds kinda like a dick prof to me... but. maybe he's right?

ElishaisSexy2016 9

Hey now, just because your a college kid doesn't mean you NEED a girlfriend. I'm in college and I don't have a boyfriend. No worries. Just don't rush. :)

Get together with your prof's other half and write in IMMENSE detail what you did to them, leave nothing out. That should keep them quiet for a bit

Wow. What a blatant disrespect. It would have been much more appropriate to say that privately. Not that what the prof said was appropriate at all anyway. File a grievance with the college if they have a grievance process. Keep doing what you feel is right for your college experience OP.

CSMoose 0

File a grievance? He told him to get a girlfriend so he'd have something to write about. Embarrassing? Yes, but not anything you can't get over. If you don't have something to write about in a week of your life at college that might be the best advice you can give. That or put down the Xbox controller and get out of your dorm.

It wasn't the instructors right to say anything like that. How would you feel if it was you. You'd be embarrassed too. Embarrassment like that can cause emotional trauma.

Emotional trauma? Really? This is what's wrong with kids today. They've been coddled so much they can't even handle minor embarrassment like this. If I had complained to my parents about a comment like this, they would have laughed, told me to grow a thicker skin, and get over it.

Emotional trauma from being told to get a girlfriend? I would've answered back with a "Does your wife count?" xD

I don't necessarily agree with "emotional trauma", but that phrase earned me my masters. Just sayin.

matt19850 2

This is what you are doing....in college? Keeping journals is the kind of stuff I was doing at 8 years old and in college I was doing actual work.

I'm guessing it's a creative writing class.

matt19850 2
Epikouros 31

Get a boyfriend, just to spite your professor.

I think you mean girlfriend. Unless of course, OP is gay.

I think he meant to get a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend, so the professor will say, "Heeeeeeeey...THAT wasn't the homework I gave you!!!"

Oh my, your professor made a joke. Your life must be awful.

Well the FML was published smart-ass, so take it up with the people that voted 'YES' and the Mods. Otherwise shut the **** up.

Women are a huge distraction. Get done with collage then worry about girlfriends. Good luck OP