By thanksbabe - 12/01/2013 06:32 - United States

Today, after a week of intense fighting, my girlfriend of 4 years and I hung out. She told me she loved me, and I pointed out that last week she said she was going to dump me. Without missing a beat, she replied, "Only to scare you into submission." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 091
You deserved it 8 569

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I won't be popular for saying this, but dump her. Manipulating you with the threat of leaving you is not ok. My ex used to do that. He threatened to leave me every time I wouldn't do what he wanted, even with dumb shit, like refusing to buy him a beer. One day I finally said, "Fine. There's the door." He just whined that I didn't care and didn't even move from the spot where he was. He never threatened to leave me again. I suggest that next time she threatens to dump you, call her on her bluff. If she dumps you, good riddance. If not, she won't be manipulating that way again.

Stand your ground boss, or she will want to control you forever..

Comments

Schizomaniac 24

Your relationship sounds very childish. You should take advice from me, because all the girls love me and I have sex every night. *goes back to masturbating*

I realize that was a joke, but your a freak.

Johnpinkerton 4
379_fml 11

17- priceless. Atleast you don't lie about it like a jock... Strap

oj101 33

Still a better love story than Twilight.

dontpanic_fml 32

...When will people realize this line is dead so it can actually die

CharresBarkrey 15

We get it. Literally everything is better than Twilight.

Emotional blackmail is a bad sign. I suggest taking that red flag for what it is and moving on.

LMFAOwned 9

Now I understand that he mustn't let the girl control his life but if he wants to keep that girl he'll have to submit to her. Sorry, that's how life works

Jordath_Fil 11

So you're saying that OP should find another girl right? That's how I read your comment anyway.

I completely disagree. Neither partner should have to "submit" emotionally in a relationship. Compromise is key but there is a huge difference between compromise and submitting.

49-Why is your profile pic an Angel?!!?!! Don't you know that any image of an Angel becomes an Angel?! What the hell man?! (and if you thumb me down 'cause you don't know what I'm talking about, then I Weep for you)

I am no expert but that can't be healthy in a relationship. Don't screw around with threats that can seriously affect a persons feeling. OP, considering it's a 4 year relationship think about wether you should make her threat come and dump her.

threaten her back. just tell her that if she's going to dump you, not to be jealous when you **** another woman the same night that you get dumped

Are you stupid? Did you parents smoke meth while you were a developing fetus? Saying, "Don't be jealous when I **** another woman the same night you dump me!" would do NOTHING but cause serious ******* drama. You must be one of those drama fiends.

CharresBarkrey 15

51 - Or he's a 15 year old virgin.

That could be true as well, 62. For all we know, it could be both!

Well, now in the future you have the right to refuse to be dumped.