By throwinguptears - 02/11/2016 14:30 - United States - Marlborough

Today, after $87, waiting five months and making sure everything was perfect, I was ready to go see my favorite comedian live. I got the flu. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 016
You deserved it 1 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

And give possibly hundreds of people the flu, because that's smart. People who go to events knowing they are ill are the people who start pandemics.

Pretty much the same happend to me. Favourite comedian (who's from Ireland; I'm Austrian) came to town, tickets weren't cheap, I was excited for months. Got a fever and the worst headache only one day before his show so I popped a handful of pain killers, sucked it up, went anyway and had the time of my life.

The handful of painkillers probably helped the mood in more ways than one ;)

Earlier this year my favourite band was in town and I was super sick, fever and everything, but I would have hated myself forever if I didn't go. Had the best time of my life and was sick for two more weeks after that, but it was so ******* worth it. I suggest you go, if you can.

That's happened to me more then once, it sucks. >_<

I know the flu sucks, but if going was that important to you, it seems as though you could have found a way to still attend.

I totally feel you. Was it Reagan ? Heard he was playing at the Wilbur recently

Next time, making sure everything is perfect should include starting on supplying your immune system with zinc and vitamin c starting a month prior to the event. Got the tip from a GP who uses this method through the winter to stay healthy during the onslaught of flu patients.