By Sigh - 19/02/2013 17:13 - United Kingdom - Waltham Abbey

Today, a woman strapped her 8-year-old son into the seat next to me on a transatlantic flight. Thinking they'd been unable to book seats together, I offered to swap seats with her. She said she'd booked it this way intentionally, because he's a "fucking brat" on flights. She was right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 902
You deserved it 2 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seems like she is a "******* brat" BEFORE flights. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Comments

Psycho_Babydoll 26

This is so many kinds of disgusting.

Sigh. I recently flew across the freaking country (3 flights, over 12 hours) with my 9 year old son and my autistic 6 year old daughter. I spent months taking our daughter on preparatory trips to the airport, and the cabin simulator, (free, just talk to your airline!) reading her stories and downloading apps to show her what was going to happen, and buying inexpensive toys and books so she'd have new things to be distracted by. I talked to the airlines and the security staff about ways to minimize her upset and impact on others. I arranged for specific seats. My kids were completely quiet, and not a problem for anyone. Because we pre-boarded, most people didn't even know my kids were on the plane. People who let their kids be someone else's problem ruin it for everyone. If I can do it, anyone can. This woman is a selfish, lazy witch, and it's no wonder the kid is a problem. The flight attendant should not have allowed her to sit away from her minor child, especially if he was misbehaving.

10showgirl 16

My son and I are both autistic and he just can't handle being on a plane. We have to fly to France every year. :( So there are those children that just can't be calmed down, but I agree that she went about it wrong. She was negligent.... But there are those parents like myself that are accused of being a bad parent because we just can't control our children....

BellaBelle_fml 23

You are probably the very best example of a perfect parent! I applaud your efforts in making sure that your children, especially your precious autistic daughter, were completely aware of what it will be like on an airplane, how to behave properly while flying with other passengers, and for taking the extra step of using a flight simulator, which I had no idea you could do and for free too, and notifying the airline of your specific situation. You thought of literally EVERYTHING! You are an amazing parent. I admire you greatly for being such a responsible parent and for loving your children to such an outstanding degree.

I would have told her to control her child, ye gods.

can't handle your child don't make it someone else's problem, Smh

"Ma'am. If you do not switch seats and take responsibility for YOUR child, I can guarantee that your wonderful little "brat" will have learned quite a handful of little ways to make your life not-so-funny."

The_Honey_Badger 17

I would've talked to a flight attendant and gotten my seat switched with hers. There would be no way in hell I'd deal with that.

Well... now we know who's polluting the gene pool. I think going to a flight attendant in this case would have been wise.