By Sigh - 19/02/2013 17:13 - United Kingdom - Waltham Abbey

Today, a woman strapped her 8-year-old son into the seat next to me on a transatlantic flight. Thinking they'd been unable to book seats together, I offered to swap seats with her. She said she'd booked it this way intentionally, because he's a "fucking brat" on flights. She was right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 902
You deserved it 2 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seems like she is a "******* brat" BEFORE flights. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Comments

I would have said, "hey kid, you know all the good swear words yet? Let's start with ****! It's what your mom is!!!"

KaskStunter 4

This is where you spend the flight teaching the kid 5000 different ways to annoy its mother. I would start with "take a shit on the kitchen counter".

deemarie13 14

Well control ur kid and maybe he won't be a brat

That is terrible parenting. That poor child.

he's a ******* kid probably mother ******* horrified. I swear ill never go on a plane at my current age imagine for a 8y old

That's what a stewardess is there for. Show her Exhibit A and tell her what the mother said to you. Then demand another seat and I'm sure you would have gotten one. Your bad for meekly sitting sitting there and letting it happen.

This - find it hard to believe the airline would allow the parents to leave their child unattended in another random seat surely they have rules about children being supervised?

Before the plane took off I would "help" the child cause such a disturbance the flight crew would have to have him removed. And when they came to ask the parent to leave with the child I 'd point at the mom.

Although I am unaware of the childs age, over here it is illegal to leave a child unattended. A parent or caretaker must be sitting next to him/her.

Try the ol' "I'm a paedo and not legally allowed within twenty feet of a minor" trick. If she's not buying that then tell her you'd be happy to babysit her son, but you charge $150 per hour.