By nybaby - 29/11/2010 21:17 - United States

Today, a little girl pointed to the acne on my face and said to her dad, "Look at how many mosquito bites she has on her face!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 450
You deserved it 3 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

princessbeee 4

little kids are brutally honest and very very loud.

Kids say the darndest things and we really shouldn't pay any mind to it. There are plenty of acne medications you can look into btw OP.

Comments

zp5 4

"must have been one hungry mosquito, right kiddo?"

I wouldn't worry too much about it, OP. I had that happen to me a few years ago. Kids say things without thinking; some of them just don't have any verbal filter. Acne generally isn't permanent, although I do know how much it sucks to have a face full of it.

I'm just going to assume that that spelling is a joke.

Lol idk #45 it just sounds too much like other FML's and it doesn't give us that feeling that your life is really ******.

Oh no, a little girl noticed your disgusting and obvious acne and didn't know what it was.. Learn to wash your face..

MermaidSongXOXO 6

Yes, I'm so sure that you never got acne. STFU and grow the hell up. Even if you wash your face, chances are you'll get some zits. It's not some magic potion that just makes the pimples go away. Chances are that if you don't have acne on your face, you have it somewhere else on your body, anyways. I have a decently clear face, but I get zits sometimes on my shoulders. Acne has to do with someone's body and the environment they're in, but nobody ever lives through life without getting it in one form or another. OP probably does wash her face, but like I said, doing that doesn't automatically cure her acne.

Not to mention stress does occasionally cause acne. It's not just a matter of hygiene. Well said, mermaid!

cpatrick820 3

So I'm 21, have had acne since I was 12, and have religiously washed my face 2 times a day with salicylic acid face wash and applied benzoyl peroxide (5%) to my face every night for the last 4 years. It helps for the most part, but it definitely doesn't stop it. Stress, weather change, lack of sleep, and countless other factors (including genes) factor in. So, "Stevenmx86", please educate yourself before you sound like a shallow idiot in the future. Regards.

It's possible all those chemicals would aggravate your acne; in some cases it works out and it does wonders for your face, in others it makes you break out more. Must be one of the lucky ones! If I use too many things trying to get rid of my occasional acne, it just makes it worse.

cpatrick820 3

That's true too. Over the last 4 years, I've balanced it out. I've played with quantities and products, increased and decreased the dosages, and I have it at a point that it's most effective on my skin. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's an experiment that most people who care about their skin condition conduct. The main point is that those who have acne often take better care of their skin than those who don't have to worry about it.

Yup, exactly. I used to use a masque, toner, facewash, and three times weekly a scrub... that didn't help. Added moisturizer. Failed. Stop use of everything except the facewash and moisturizer - works well enough. It's odd how oily skin still needs moisturized.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

You should have said that you had malaria and gotten some sympathy.