By sucker - 06/01/2011 03:55 - Canada

Today, my cheating ex-boyfriend was offered the job we both interviewed for. I helped him with his cover letter before I found out about the affair. I've been unemployed for almost two years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 950
You deserved it 4 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The cover letter doesn't get the job, it gets an interview. The interview gets the job. The best candidate won.

ulicksam 0

He didn't get the job because of a cover letter. He's obviously more qualified for the job so YDI.

Comments

how is this an FML? you may have helped but maybe he is better qualified?

InnocentLies 0

Fyl op. >_< Ya that suck he'll get what's coming to him soon!

Um, cover letters don't get you a job. Don't flatter yourself

You should have done a better job on your interview.

I hope I've stated how amazing your avatar is. ...if not, I am now. Harley Quinn rocks.

gusgus36 5

that's horrible. I'm sorry OP. hopefully karma gets him what he deserves

DjSyke_909 0
humhum6 0

Well that sucks, I'm unemployed too but then again I'm only 13!

Well in England I could be wrong. please excuse me.

humhum6 0
sylphy 0

ydi for putting an ex first. That's like screaming to be stomped in the face by irony.

I recommend some light reading, such as the FML you are replying to.

sylphy 0

I have read, acknowledge the fluke in my comment, and still say she deserved it. OP knew they had not held a job in two years, yet they still helped their now-ex, whom she should have called out on applying for the same position anywayd. Thus, she doubly deserves it.

RedPillSucks 31

I think #12's point was that OP helped him before he was the 'ex', not after.

scottovious 0

why was he wrong. The best candidate won. Go have a beer or three and chill out.

The cover letter doesn't get the job, it gets an interview. The interview gets the job. The best candidate won.

KristinaKreme 0