By purrtygirl - 09/06/2009 06:44 - United States

Today, a guy from my school came into my work. I knew him but forgot his name. I didn't want to be rude and ask for his name when he probably expected me to know it. So, thinking I was clever, I said "How do you spell your name again?". His name was Rob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 128
You deserved it 55 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always play the "how old are you?". "I dont believe you", "prove it, show me your license". Flattery makes people blind :)

Meh - I know a Robb or two. You could have made a semi graceful recovery - "Thought so, but my (fake) cousin has an extra 'b' in his".

Comments

just be like 'no, i meant your last name'... then you'll find out both :)

vrabeled 0

**** it just ask what's ur name again... I'm sure he'll get over it

I did this once with a aunt, her name was Kim.

Here we go if you didn't know his name don't be such a prick about it that was a horrible idea. Try #1's idea if this ever happens again.

fml1358 0

YDI your such an idiot. You should never do that. You can just ask for his name and say that you suck with names. That's what I always do

Here you go Rob is usally short for Robbert. Say you didn't know how to spell Robbert. :/

YDI. You should've just said something like "I'm such a scatterbrain today, I forgot your name!" Yes, you may sound a little silly, but at least there's a minimal chance of sounding like a complete moron.

Yeah...just slap your forehead, laugh in an embarrassed tone, and say, "Oh god, I'm blanking...what's you're name again? I'm sorry, you must think I'm an idiot." Chances are he'll just laugh and tell you and the two of you will have something to laugh about later on. It's happened to me a number of times and simply being honest and laughing about it has broken quite a bit of ice.

haha that sux-i did the same thing once, except i wuz really young. I agree with 1. Asking how to spell pples names only works in certain situations-like my name is spelled Kristina not the usual Christina, so pple can ask that, but since more pple spell Rob with one B............but good effort-just think a lil harder b4 you do something like that again.