By purrtygirl - 09/06/2009 06:44 - United States

Today, a guy from my school came into my work. I knew him but forgot his name. I didn't want to be rude and ask for his name when he probably expected me to know it. So, thinking I was clever, I said "How do you spell your name again?". His name was Rob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 128
You deserved it 55 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always play the "how old are you?". "I dont believe you", "prove it, show me your license". Flattery makes people blind :)

Meh - I know a Robb or two. You could have made a semi graceful recovery - "Thought so, but my (fake) cousin has an extra 'b' in his".

Comments

jncwmnd 0

that made me LOL i agree with #22..there are a number of ways you could've saved yourself from that one..you're not one of those quick thinkers though are ya? o.O

Hahahahahaha! I've never had that fail on me! If it's a name like Rob, usually I'll follow up with, "Okay, just checking - I've seen, like, five different spellings of that." If they ask me to elaborate, I pull something out...lol I'm definitely gonna remember that...and good trick, #1!

#22 his full name prbly wasnt robbie..more like robert or robin

#23 has the right idea. Kinda mean but, hey, you do what you gotta do :)

Just a thought, you can continue a conversation without mentioning someones name? Or politely ask for it by saying, "you totally got me off guard, sorry your name slipped my mind" but reiterate that you know them! Just a thought but hey, it happens!

fuckmyl1f333 0

yeah i was thinking what #23 said, just laugh say i know, i meant what is your last name?

It could be Robb. I'm sure someone must spell it that way.