By purrtygirl - 09/06/2009 06:44 - United States

Today, a guy from my school came into my work. I knew him but forgot his name. I didn't want to be rude and ask for his name when he probably expected me to know it. So, thinking I was clever, I said "How do you spell your name again?". His name was Rob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 128
You deserved it 55 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always play the "how old are you?". "I dont believe you", "prove it, show me your license". Flattery makes people blind :)

Meh - I know a Robb or two. You could have made a semi graceful recovery - "Thought so, but my (fake) cousin has an extra 'b' in his".

Comments

You should have rebounded to,"No, no. Your last name. I don't remember it."

ive done this! someone in my drama class that ive only really spoken with in the class, gave me his cell number... i put his first name in and then i was like... 'how do you spell your last name?' no knowing what it was...he was like 'k-i-n-g, how many ways do YOU know to spell King?' it was embarassing!

there's nothing wrong with asking someone what their name is, as long as do it right at the beginning of the conversation

I do that a lot. Unf, maybe I should stop. I like #1's idea.

This doesn't work too well with white people, unfortunately.

That's not too big a deal. Don't worry, he might spell Rob a different way--Robb, Rhob...Ok, not the second one, but you really can't be sure =)

Hey, I'm next to the little anime dude. Awesome!

HummingBirdsFly 0

Always be honest when it comes to forgetting someone's name. Trust me.

When he says R-O-B, you can just smile and say, "So it's one b? Just making sure." Or if he says "Rob," you can ask if it's one or two. There's usually a way out of stupid mistakes.

anniemeece 23

I've heard a story exactly like this before, except the guy's name was b-o-b. :|