By purrtygirl - 09/06/2009 06:44 - United States

Today, a guy from my school came into my work. I knew him but forgot his name. I didn't want to be rude and ask for his name when he probably expected me to know it. So, thinking I was clever, I said "How do you spell your name again?". His name was Rob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 128
You deserved it 55 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always play the "how old are you?". "I dont believe you", "prove it, show me your license". Flattery makes people blind :)

Meh - I know a Robb or two. You could have made a semi graceful recovery - "Thought so, but my (fake) cousin has an extra 'b' in his".

Comments

Just ask for their name again, it's much easier. We all forget names sometimes. You could always ask for their full name too.

just say no..... i mean your second name! duh - u got to improvise

Phlecks 0

Hahahaha my sister tried that once with a girl named Hope.Not the best way to get someone's name. You think you're so slick... People have tried that with me and it actually works, there are lots of ways to spell my name.

jmar87 0

It could have been spelled "Rab" with a soft 'a'? Yep, I was trying to be sympathetic with that one. Seriously, just ASK the guy his name. How many people do you meet while in school? It'd be easy to not remember every name.

BrutalDave 0

My dad once did that with someone called Mary. At least it shows them that you were trying to be polite.

I've heard of Mari's and Marie's that are pronounced the same, so it still works.

YOU FAIL ! end of discussion. i agree with # 1and 7. a better approach would've made you look like MUCH LESS of an idiot.

Eh, I always fall back onto the "dear" or "sir" if I can't remember a name I'm supposed to. A little bit of flattery for the most part and usually I'll try to catch a glimpse at their credit card (since most people pay with plastic) to try to figure out their name for the next time I see them.