By shit.jpg - 25/08/2015 19:22 - United States - Waban

Today, a fifth grader gave me a note from his "father" excusing him from PE. It was riddled with spelling errors and shockingly poor grammar, so I rejected it as a blatant fake. Several hours later, I was informed by his very angry father that it wasn't actually fake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 794
You deserved it 4 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

@1, says the person who doesn't know the difference between of and 've.

"Should of"? Jesus. That's like nails scraping across the English class' chalkboard.

Comments

BloodyGlass 10

How did the father handle the news that he would be returning to grade school?

When I was in third grade my mom signed my homework sheet in the car while driving and I was accused of plagiarizing. Not cool, OP.

Unless English isn't his first language, that's pretty embarrassing.

Yip, some people really do have atrocious language skills... That must've been quite embarrassing, though

You are destroying the hearts and minds of children.

To everyone saying OP should have called the parent, just stop. This may be a country where every gets catered to, but nobody has to. If the father couldn't take the time to slow down and think "they might think this is a fake if I don't make it look good" then the father screwed up first. Any time you have to write a professional or semi-professional note, you should slow down and make it look good. Second step to that would be to check your grammar. Also, maybe the father hadn't provided contact information on the note. I know my gym teachers didn't have a computer to look up student information at my public school. Cut the teacher some slack. He was doing his job. Sometimes that means making a decision in the moment.