By dumb tourists - 31/03/2013 06:19 - China - Beijing

Today, a blonde tourist came up to me and asked me for directions to the nearest train station. I politely directed her there, and she left. Five minutes later, she came back and slapped me for not bringing her to an "English-speaking station". We're in China, lady. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 933
You deserved it 2 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kudos to her for tracking you down just to give you a slap.

"Today, a blonde tourist.." I expected something like this to happen

Comments

Well the slapping part was a little overreacting.

I don't think the directions were even WRONG lol

some people need a pat on the back... with a hammer -_-

I prefer pat on the head, I instead.

I like how you pointed out her hair color :)

AnyaS 19

Likely so we can infer she is Caucasian (and, therefore, not a Chinese native citizen).

I'm guessing that being blonde didn't have much to do with being stupid. F her life for being a stereotype.

Why is she a bimbo? The FML didn't say anything about her being promiscuous.

I believe 19 meant Bimbo as in the bread company. So you're saying that she's a blonde white bimbo bread? Woah easy there tough guy.

threer 30

Is something wrong with being blonde? I'm blonde, more conservative than many of today's women, and I've had straight-A's since elementary. Oh, but I'm blonde. I must be a bimbo! If only I was a brunette....

calliet145 14

Hmm...I'm kinda wondering how she came back to yell and slap you after you said you left. Anyone else notice that? "I politely directed her there, and left." That's saying YOU left, not that she left...

calliet145 14

"She came back" implies that she went back to where he had originally given her the directions to begin with, and spoke with him there. OP should have stated that she found him or tracked him down. It was a poorly worded FML.

Putting less thought into things might suit you better.

perdix 29

It turns out that several of the train stations in the Beijing system do cater to English-speaking riders. YDI for not sending her to one of those.

McNikk 15

Maybe there wasn't one nearby.

perdix 29

#25, you'd think a local who spoke English might go a little out of his way to be helpful. He could have asked if she could read the Chinese signs. If he didn't want to be bothered, he could have pretended not to speak English in the first place.

Perdix, perhaps it didn't occur to him to send her to one of those?

perdix 29

#61, in that case, her slap was just a correction and he won't forget next time -- a classic training technique. She needs to be praised for making the effort to make him a better host.

threer 30

#43, why is it a sad world for a male? I smell double-standards and/or sexism!

Even I hate Americans for this kind of thing. When I traveled to Europe, everywhere we went we got compliments for at least attempting to speak the local language.

Fairly certain a blonde speaking English does not equal American.

Tigerblossom 19

Yes because all Americans slap people when we don't get what we want. Quite common actually. And we never learn other languages so we can try to communicate when traveling! We expect everyone to learn English so they can cater to us! (Major sarcasm)

Why does everybody assume "English-speaking" means American? There are Canadian, Irish, Scottish, English and Welsh people who speak English...come on, guys. Keep your options open. Oh, she's blonde and speaks English, there's no way she could be an English blonde girl. Must be American. *Rolls eyes*

summerguy97 16

People just like to call us Americans dumb because of our education system, and those idiots who get the most attention in the media ( kardashians, "real" housewives, and major homophobes and racists.)

summerguy97 16

I replied to the wrong comment. Sorry.

And it matters that she is blond because?

Anai08 17

I think OP pointed out she was blond to reinforce the point that she was not from China. Not that blondes are dumb. That's what I got from it initially anyway.

Actually it's blonde for females and blond for males.

Because of the stereotype that blondes are stupid, and the person that slapped OP is obviously very stupid. I'm guessing you yourself are also a blonde, hence the reason you took offense to the "blonde" comment.