Timing is crucial in comedy

By Anonymous - 16/10/2010 06:44 - United States

Today, I was on an airplane that was experiencing some turbulence. Feeling anxious, I reached over and grabbed my husband's hand for comfort. He then said, "Why are you scared of dying? You're not even pretty." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 063
You deserved it 4 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Nyc__Princess 0
deformedsurf 0

He could have only married OP because he got her pregnant. Or OP could have gone on a diet of snickers bars and diet Coke when after the wedding.

So I'm guessing pretty people have finally discovered immortality?

sourgirl101 28

So did fear turn to anger? Awe, what a sweet husband. He was just trying to distract you from being scared. I bet it worked.

To all the little kids telling OP to divorce, you clearly have no idea what it means to be married. This maybe why the divorce rate is so high. So go back to your PSP or MoH or WoW or whatever it is that you kids do in your parents' house and leave the serious discussion to the grownups.

Couldn't agree more. What the hell is MoH?

Medal of Honor, aka a better game than cod.

so true even, if im just a teen I know how serious it is

Weird- my "may be" mysteriously turned into "maybe."

snowboarder25 0

moh is weak compared to cod !!

yanksby7 6

Ok, I'm an adult who is telling her to get a divorce. It sounds like that is, at the very least, an emotionally abusive relationship. If he is that disrespectful to the woman he CHOSE to be with, I can't imagine how he treats his kids. I'll agree that people get divorced too readily these days, but this seems like a very unhealthy relationship that should be ended immediately. OP, time for you to gtfo.

#82, you are an adult who apparently doesn't understand what marriage should be if you think one sarcastic comment equals abuse and therefore divorce. It IS possible he is always rude but I personally like sourgirl's take on it. I could easily see my husband saying something to distract me from my fear. I agree with Doc.