Timing is crucial in comedy

By Anonymous - 16/10/2010 06:44 - United States

Today, I was on an airplane that was experiencing some turbulence. Feeling anxious, I reached over and grabbed my husband's hand for comfort. He then said, "Why are you scared of dying? You're not even pretty." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 063
You deserved it 4 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

did it do anything to stop your anxiety?? If it upset you and made you sit there and stew on it, then mission accomplished...he may not have been trying yo be mean as much as tryin to get your mind off of the turbulence...just sayin

Maybe it was a joke..? Haha...? Well if you're on a boat with your husband and there's a storm, tell him that he'd drown first cause he's loads of crap.

So by his rationale, only attractive people have the right to value their own lives. The rest of us should be indifferent to whether we live or die based solely on our appearance, or rather, HIS opinion of our appearance. What a jerk. I'm no beauty contestant but I know that if we were in the same situation, there is NO WAY my husband would have said something like that. First of all, he's smarter than that. Your idiot husband will have to try to live that one down for the rest of his life. Second of all, my husband values human lives, not just the lives of the pretty people. Third of all, if I am anxious about something, he is supportive. Your husband never learned one of the basic rules of kindergarten; if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything. He was better off just zipping his stupid mouth and quietly holding your hand. The next time he's anxious about something and wants your support, tell him the same thing; "What do you care if you (whatever) ? You're not even handsome."

Kutchek 0

Mmmhhh... Your husband was joking I think, it's a bad joke by the way, but still he was joking i think.

tuffblade1331 0

divorce papers are easy to get aren't they?