The Voice

By Ellie - 08/05/2012 05:05 - United States

Today, I was practicing for a choir concert that I have next week. My mom walked into my room and listened to me for a little while. After I finished the last song, she smiled, patted me on the head and said, "It's okay honey, I can't sing either." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 926
You deserved it 2 976

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awwww, I'm sure your not that bad OP. Everyone has their own taste !

If your mom is cooking dinner go into the kitchen and watch her cook. After a while say "it's okay mommy, I can't cook either". Revenge is sweet.

Comments

everyone can sing, but no one can sing everything. :)

3rdbass 9

I'm sure she's being honest to prevent your appearance on American Idol where they will play your footage every week.

KiddNYC1O 20

Keep practicing and prove her wrong.

Look at it this why, you will not be one of those morons on American Idol that says "all my friends and family said i sing great" and look like an ass

I was thinking the exact same thing. Her mom could use more help on the delivery, though.

Lois says I'm a good singer :) but that son of mine, Meg, always goes on about not being listened to and being ignored but I always zone out and tell her a cookie makes things better. Can you remind me where the ENTER button is? Lois finally allowed me to use the internet so I'm new. Ah there it is!

She said she can't sing but has good enough listening/tune skills? Pffff! Don't worry OP.

oh don't worry. she was just preparing you. the last thing anyone wants is in their family going on american idol and embarrassing them In front of the world.:) some ppl are just too arrogant to accept they can't sing so they go embarrass themselves. your mom loves you too much for tht to happen :)

so basically don't fyl. thank your mom..or come back in iunno 10 years after you got rejected and embarresed by Simon cowell and THEN you can fyl. :))))

You should reply that she can't parent either...

Haha wow that does suck! You do got yourself in my Favourite FML list though! XD