The cliché is true

By Anonymous - 30/09/2009 21:22 - Canada

Today, I went to a restaurant for lunch. I began to eat when I noticed a blond hair in my food. When that happened, I went up to the counter and began complaining about their hygiene. When the manager insisted no one that works there had long blond hair, I realized that it was my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 573
You deserved it 64 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well, its understandable. you ARE blonde...

So there's a redhead, a brunette, and a blonde....

Comments

birds_fml 7

Geez, picky picky. Even if it WASN'T your hair, think about how much nastiness you've eaten and not known about! Just pick it out and continue eating. Hair is the most hygienic gross thing you could possibly find in your food. It's not like it was a pube, or an eyelash, or a booger, or a rat hair, or a bug. I can think of a million things more gross than a hair in your food. YDI for being so prissy.

Actually, hair is a major source of staph infections and other gross things, so you really shouldn't just pick it out and eat around it. Besides, most decent restaurants (and some state laws) require that food service employees secure their hair or wear hairnets or hats. It's not prissy at all to complain about hair in your food.

birds_fml 7

I can promise you, the employee who fails to wash his hands after using the bathroom is more of a risk to your health than a random hair that gets washed daily and doesn't even touch anything. And I also can promise you that you've ingested far more gross things than the few germs that are on a hair. Did you know there's an allowable level of rat poop? And that level is not zero. 1 in 4 people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Clearly you've never worked in a kitchen if you actually believe that all hair gets washed daily. Ick. And the existence of other health hazards related to eating out doesn't negate the hazards associated with hair in food. That's like saying that because people die in hospitals because of medical negligence, you really shouldn't worry if the janitorial staff didn't clean the toilet in your room properly.

I generally dislike people who do extreme bitching about food, for whatever reason. Well, unless the food was like molding or something, but how often does THAT happen? I agree there's no need to make a scene about hair in your food, unless it's really really hairy. It's still disgusting though, you should most definitely NOT eat around it. And that rat poop thing? Yeah, food is normally cooked, so... And, I mentioned this elsewhere, but I did a poll across three sites and found that most people (of the people who answered, that is) actually wash their hair every other day, instead of every day. Every day was second place. I'd sayyy I got about... oh, at least 50-60 unique voters. Nah, it's not scientific research, but don't most people say you shouldn't use shampoo in your hair every day or it's more harmful than beneficial anyway? Just pointing it out... if you want to get anal about it, even if you wash it every day, it's still exposed to all kinds of stuff and can easily get dirty quickly. I know when it's really windy around here my hair gets dirtier quicker.

Arguing on the internet- its like running in the special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

69_jackson_69 0

God, write a damn book on the subject. No one is even going to read that ******* front-page news story of a comment.

crap09 0

Oh wow. Just wow. Waiting for this to show up on Not Always Right. That's what you call a BLONDE MOMENT!

Ha first thing that came to mind. I was like " This belongs in Not always right" but from the employee.

You make it seem like it's a big coinsidence. BLONDE When your ready to take that stick out of your ass let the world know....dig?

must...not....make....dumb....blonde....joke

you totally deserve it for making such a big deal out of something so stupid.