Thanks!

By glens - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my company announced a new name. They also announced new coffee mugs with the name on them. They've not announced raises in over 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 922
You deserved it 2 399

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sure that sucks, but in today's economy you should just be grateful you have a job at all!

well that sorta sucks but the pay must be decent enough for you to be there for over 3 years..

Comments

You have a job, be greatful. Your company is still giving you regular paychecks, be greatful. Unless they bought a million coffee cups or coffee cups lined with gold foil, it probably didn't cost that much, so stop whining. Hopefully you got a coffee mug. If you did and your company still provides free coffee and you absolutely feel like you need something in addition, start drinking a shit load of coffee with tons of sugar and cream, that way you'll smile when you slip into your diabetic coma knowing that you got your revenge. -- OR -- Just be happy you have a job and a paycheck and maybe a spiffy new coffee mug!

desireev 17

Spiffy... Hehe... Love it! :)

jmoreno 4

That sucks every year u should get a raise cost of living goes higher and higher and pay check stays the same I hope everything gets better for u at ur job

RedPillSucks 31

Most non-government jobs don't do this. Some of the larger companies will have regular (not necessarily annual) wage assessment, but I wouldn't expect such a thing in the real world.

TheDrifter 23

Exactly RPS. Most corporations evaluate salaries every 3 to 5 years, its more cost effective that way. If the last one was while the economy was teetering, there won't be raises for a while. Try being a trucker, wages in our industry haven't, on average, gone up in 30 years. It's a 60k a year job now and it was a 60k a year job in 1980.

I feel your pain. I got my first raise in 8 years last year and it was only $1 an hour... But like someone else said, a job is better than no job.

So you started working there when you were 14?

I'm 24 now, it's been almost 9 years. I was 16.

You should switch to the tea business. If you don't mind moving every so often and can sell, Teavana is constantly hiring and promoting.

RedPillSucks 31

OP, I believe congratulations are in order. You did receive a raise. Don't spend your coffee mug all in one place.

At least they didn't announce "& Pink Slips for everyone!". Obviously to all, this economy is horrible & being thankful for a job is the norm. If you want a raise go back to the 90's when raises were expected & getting another job easily was the norm.

Or work in the oilpatch, (Canada) where attitudes towards a job are complacent and high pay is expected as if it's deserved just because employees show for work!!

TheDrifter 23

Gotta love them unions, show up 30 days in a row and you're golden. Off probation and it's slackin time until a better offer comes along. That's why I give my top employees expenses paid vacations as bonuses, keeps em from getting lazy.

Don't stick around if they've renamed to "Umbrella Corp"

Rather remarkable that you're complaining about having a long term, stable job.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

I think I'd have to punch anyone who'd complain about something like this to me. You're ******* lucky you've had the job for at least the 3 years you're bitching about. Context clues suggest you've been working there longer. And you get free shit!! Stop whining and be grateful you have more than the rest of us do.

TheDrifter 23

Its a pride problem. Too many people with degrees refuse to work their way up the ladder and expect to step in the door halfway up. That doesn't work anymore, more people get degrees these days than there are jobs that require their qualifications.

TheDrifter 23

Its perception. Overqualified means they won't stay. No relevant experience means you lack the skills to sell them the skills you do have as relevant. I had a retiring Doctor come to me and sell his skills so well that I not only hired him, but spent a month training him to drive semi so I could.