Thanks mom

By mistake - 11/05/2009 09:09 - United States

Today, I realized what my mom has been calling me for 20 years. She always calls me her "little fehler." With her being from Germany, I always thought it was a cute little nickname. Apparently, she's been calling me her "little mistake." FML
I agree, your life sucks 101 374
You deserved it 5 744

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that must suck. Did you ask her about it yet?

Comments

I'm a mistake (technically my bro and I together are like double mistakes because my mom had twins, haha), and it doesn't bother me one bit. What's so wrong with being unplanned? I've known I was unplanned since I was about six years old, and it's never made me feel any less loved or wanted by my parents.

Many people with Germanic accents end words that end with 'ah' with 'er' Maybe she was calling you her "little fella"?

hahaha du bist ein fehler! hahaah deine mutter ist ne nutte!

Du sollst nicht so blöd werden, sein Mutter ist doch nicht eine Nutte, Nutten halten meistens nicht ihre Kinder, und brauchst auch Kondom! Psh, du armer Idiot...

hsm450 0

buuut "fehler" kind of sounds like "fellow" with an accent... and if you were a mistake, then she wouldnt bother with you at all, so don't worry.

lilmistabys 0

check ur mom in the face. u shoulda ask her why didnt she get a abortion when she was pregnant with you

Just because OP was a mistake doesn't mean their mom regrets having them. Although the meaning of the nickname isn't so cute, I still think it's a cute nickname. I speak fluent German, by the way.

Luv4pink1721 0

Ha my friends grandma calls him my little "shtemhelter" aka my little seedholder LOL

cute name for a mistake. mein suesser kleiner fehler.. could be worse. besides maybe ur a mistake cause of your dad?

XxHU4LxX 0

You deserved for being stupid!!

Really? REALLY? Just because someone doesn't know German doesn't make the person stupid. It just means that the person has never learned another language. It /is/ a personal choice.

The OP isn't stupid for not knowing the German language, I think lots of people, myself included, are just surprised at the fact it's been twenty years and OP never bothered to find out what it meant. I would totally recommend learning some German, though, it's a really interesting language (:

yay4felix 0

Does the "mistake" refer to your parents having you without really planning on having you, or does she mean something more malicious? Just because your mom got pregnant without planning on it doesn't mean she regrets having you. I asked my mom once if any of her four children were planned. She said "No. You guys are the most beautiful accidents I ever had!" It sounds weird, but I know that she meant she was happy she had us, even though she wasn't planning on actually conceiving children when each of us was conceived.

u all fail making exusses for mom. never have kids.