Thanks, I guess…

By Steph - 19/08/2019 02:00 - United States

Today, I was at a soccer game when some guys walking behind me yelled that I had a nice ass. I then heard someone shout, "Hey, assholes. That's my daughter." He yelled at them for quite a while. He wasn't my dad, just some weird dude. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 917
You deserved it 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

staaacey 30

I'd like someone sticking up for me. are you sure he was weird and not just trying to help?

jojimugo 20

Not all hero’s wear a cape

Comments

jojimugo 20

Not all hero’s wear a cape

Yes, but all *heroes* know how to spell and punctuate the plural so you don't confuse it with the possessive.

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

Now, now, Richard! Don't start going all possessive now on trying to be the sole Grammar Nazi here on this FML pg.... Smh ;-) Yes, I know irritating it is to continually see misspellings online despite our civilization's many great technological advances, but we minders of all things literary still need to allow for people's use of mobile Auto-(In)Correct if us "edumakated" ones are to preserve what little sanity & normal blood pressure we still have. Just a thawt, Puddy Tat. ;-)

staaacey 30

I'd like someone sticking up for me. are you sure he was weird and not just trying to help?

Or for that matter, that they were even talking about OP. Maybe the "weird dude" does have a daughter, who just happened to be 5 meters away?

Yea, it's one thing to simply make a point by embarrassing a young "punk" for making a sexist remark with a single retort, but to send down an on-going deluge of recrimination sounds like somebody else is in need of counseling and/or meds....

staaacey 30

possibly. but I'm not sure what OP would consider "quite a while".. it could have been just a minute of this guy letting them know why that was uncalled for. I'd probably still buy the guy a beer for getting people away from me, considering it weirds me out and makes me uncomfortable when this happens. maybe the guys shouting at women need some meds too :)

What's the problem? Some guy stopped you from getting catcalled, and that makes him weird? Because he pretended to be your dad to scare them off? Or because you like getting catcalled, and this guy ruined your fun? It was a pretty clever idea, really. He knew they were more likely to back off if he said he was your dad, as opposed to revealing he was a random member of the public. It might have been awkward, but it worked, so be happy. Unless you liked it.

No woman actually likes being catcalled or sexually harrassed in public.

tounces7 27

So you know how every single woman in the world thinks?

Tounces7, there's a big difference between being catcalled with a sleazy, sexist remark from a stranger vs. the same by a guy friend in jest. So yea, she can speak for all women of the world when it comes to sexually-based disparagement (from both genders). Cuz' she is a woman (unlike us two) who has to put up with all of the sh*t said & done by dumb-ass sexist men everywhere she goes, just like every other woman in the world. Shalom!

It sounds like he was saving you from being cat called and potentially destroying your risk for being assaulted. I would have bought that guy something as a thanks.

He was either a hero or a really clever perv! What was his ulterior motive: to defend an innocent girl or to get ... dat ass ... for himself?

PenguinPal3017 19

This dude was helping you and you call him weird? smh. Next time I hope he joins in with them.

bl3ur0z3 17

That's actually kind of sweet. He saw a young woman being harassed by a group of guys and stepped in.

Nhayaa 21

You meant "awesome", not "weird", right? Because if more men were that weird, less women would be harassed or raped.

Oh my god stfu.. Cat calling doesn't equal that she'd be raped, god damn. Can't someone with a normal sex drive lift a girl's spirits up? For all these StRoNg independent women, why do you need not her man to save you? Be proactive. Carry a taser, mace, or other self defense item and pull it out it if you verbally telling them to **** off turns physical.

SeXuAl hArAsSMeNT LIftS mY SpiRiTs Up!

yeah!! i love being sexually harrassed in public.. said no woman ever.

I know in today’s social environment it’s not too common, but the term is not weirdo, it is good citizen. Maybe he paid attention to how people are being treated and decided to do his part.