Sure, it's always the woman's fault

By Anonymous - 09/03/2015 22:59 - United States - Framingham

Today, I got to listen to my boss lecture me about professional dress and subtly insinuate that my being on the heavier side top-wise with all the men in the office could be a problem. I've worn turtle necks for the whole two months I've been working there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 811
You deserved it 2 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, OP, that's what happens when you only wear turtlenecks and no pants :/

Greenteamextreme 16

lol what kind of outcome is he expecting? For you to remove your boobs?

Comments

graceinsheepwear 33

I think turtlenecks and sweaters are pretty form fitting and clingy. I am small but I don't wear close- fitting sweaters to work.Try wearing something like a button down shirt over it, even open. I sympathize but question your choice in attire. Nothing emphasizes your bust like a sweater.

Why should she have to worry about anything emphasising her bust though? She wouldn't be compelled to find new clothes if turtlenecks somehow emphasised her broad shoulders, so why another part of her body?

graceinsheepwear 33

Because breasts are sexual in today's society. I'm not saying it's fair or logical; it just is. I agree with your point theoretically but not practically.

I'd like to live in a world where you can go out with visable nipple bumps like in all those 90s tv programs, and nobody bats an eye! The more we pander to the ridiculous over-sexualisation of women's boobs, the worse it'll get :(

A button down shirt would be even worse, trust me. No matter how big you buy them, you get button boob gap if you have big breasts and then you get a view of sideboob.

make those turtle necks the new trend at the office . everyone will be jealous lol

Your boss needs to get over him or herself. It's hard enough dressing professionally when you're "blessed" with a large chest, being stigmatized for it doesn't help. You also don't have to wear turtlenecks, unless that's your thing. It's doable, it can just be a little challenging. I don't recommend button-up shirts, from experience...

Because its TOTALLY ON YOU to make sure the men behave. Why should they be responsible for their actions/reactions? They're just men. They can't help it... I hate that mentality so much. Go to HR and tell them about your asshole boss's sexual harassment.

Wow, I am big busted too. But I have never had an employer point it out to me. Smacks of sexual harassment to me!

You shouldn't have to cover up your body. I don't see how you having a bigger chest has an effect on your co-workers, unless they're a bunch of drooling idiots with no self control. I'd take that up with HR if I were you.

It definitely sounds inappropriate for them to address that if you're not wearing super revealing clothing. Sounds like the problem is more with the other employees! However I will add that that wearing turtlenecks will actually draw more attention to a larger chest. If you want to draw attention away from your chest you don't want to cover up your neck! A neckline that shows off your neck without showing too much cleavage is your best bet.

snarkytruth 37

Turtlenecks don't make a blessed chest invisible. It only hides your cleave Sounds like boss is projecting HIS problem on to the other employees. I had a boss just like that. Started with comments then bumping into me...call HR and "nip" it in the "buds".