Such a sweet little boy

By no, YOU raised him - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Concord

Today, I asked my 5-year-old son how school went today. He sighed and said, "Fuck off, dad." I thought kids only became such colossal douchebags in their teens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 720
You deserved it 6 739

Comments

Parenting at its best? Don't think I'd tell anyone.

That kid deserves four walls and a floor for one month.

Time to talk to him about why that is not OK. I hope you didn't hit him like so many people on here are recommending. It is never good parenting to hit a child.

Kids are a reflection of their parents. Ydi for basically calling your kid a douche.

Agree 100% Parents have responsibilities, those include disciplining their children, so it never comes to such incidents. And before op calls his own flesh and blood a douchebag, at only five years of age, on the internet, he should rather find out where it's coming from and fix it from its root.

I disagree. There are plenty of people who come from abusive, drug filled homes and never touch drugs or commit violent acts.

There are always exceptions, but the majority of kids need to learn from their parents and follow their example.

I don't think people advising OP to physically punish his kid have kids of their own. At least I really hope they don't. I guess the kid heard it somewhere and hasn't got a single clue of what it means. Imagine you met a foreign person and you know their English isn't perfect, one day they call you an asshole but you can be sure that if you explain what it means, they'd be sorry because they didn't mean that. Would you still punch them without making sure they really insulted you first ? No ? Then why do it to a 5 year-old ?

There's a difference between spanking your child and beating your child a very big difference. it's saddens me to see a lot of children running their own parents and them going crazy. they need to be taught dicipline and to respect people.

76, that's completely right. Too many parents today seem to think that any discipline at all is child abuse. Spanking a kid once or twice won't scar him forever, and giving him a time-out won't cause mental trauma. People are afraid to do anything to their kids, which quickly teaches the kids that they can do whatever they please.

you need to find a way to stop this while it's still early in his age, my son use to have a problem with hitting/spitting on strangers, I took away some of his prevliges and made this reward system for him to follow

maybe you should teach your son how to behave instead of finding his inappropriateness humorous.

kill it..kill it quick. this generation is a **** up.

Advocating killing a 5 year old. Great behaviour. Maybe it's your attitude that's ******* this generation up....

ZY1431 24

I wouldn't condone the whole killing thing but I'd agree that this generation is screwed. call me old fashioned but I got my ass whipped if I ****** up, and if I heard my mom yell my full government name? oh hell no I'm running to the hills. but I learned how to act. maybe tough love would be the best option.

possibly "it" was the language. I can't imagine anyone, even for shock, suggesting killing the kid.

because i was very serious about murdering a child, right? how very intelligent of you to have taken that seriously. haha wow

and the "it" thing comes from 9gag, brain surgeons. please grow a sense of humour. though my statement on the generation stands

As does my point about your attitude perhaps being responsible..... Your first thought is to insult a total stranger just because you don't agree with a point made by them. Interesting. Case closed.

dare i point out the fact that you did exactly that before i even "insulted" you? perhaps would that go straight over your head too.. it's a light-hearted site..don't make a scene over a comment that was obviously not meant in a serious way. god damn.

I love FML and how other users get when they don't agree with another point of view. The world would be boring if we all agreed on everything. Anyhow, I heard the Christian Union Netball Team is looking for new members - maybe you should apply?

indeed. Ah sorry, you will have to try recruit elsewhere, i am not quite the same cut of cloth you are. :) it's been fun though, maybe you should have a go at the people with comments suggesting beating the 5 year old that aren't stated in the same blatant sarcasm my comment was? It strikes me as though you would have fun :)