Still not calling it X

By twitterfailsme - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Israel - Rishon Le Zion

Today, I googled myself in preparation for my upcoming job interview. Turns out there's a girl on Twitter with my name and age who tweets nonstop about getting wasted and being on probation. She won't make her profile private. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 496
You deserved it 3 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Any employer that's dumb enough to think there's only one person in the world with your name is an employer you don't want to work for anyway.

Black0ut247 5

I'm sure you could explain the situation to employers

Comments

I'm sure if these girl has a pic then know it isn't you

How does OP deserve it, if she has the misfortune of sharing similarities with a delinquent, who thinks that tweeting about being wasted while on probation is a good thing & makes her "popular" or "cool"? Hopefully, any employers that consider OPs job application and do google OP, aren't braindead faceless corporate 'yes men' who can clearly see that OP and the other twat aren't the same person. Good Luck OP.

Unless they Google her before they call her for an interview, they won't know what OP looks like. Lets just hope the other girl lives really far away.

If you find a job that uses twitter as a reliable reference then trust me you don't want the job anyway

graceinsheepwear 33

Call the probation department. Tweets will stop once she gives a dirty urine.

effect is a noun and affect is a verb. do the substitution test...

Name and age is important, but so is location. Many jobs are best applied to with a customized cover letter in addition to a résumé. Adding the cover letter may help, or more so if you add a P.S. that is professional and concise. "P.S. I know some companies search social networking before hiring. Please note that I am based in [my city] and always have been here [or in another city, if applicable], and not [city where drunk girl is]."

xpokeloverx 6

I wrote it out, and it shows you're wrong and it is affect. :D

Mackay92 14

I don't get why employers would look on any social network to look at someone they're going to potentially give the job too

Well, I doubt an employer would not give a job based on little things. However, if you tweet things like "tweeting during work lol #YOLO" why should they take you seriously?

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Are you THAT dense? You LITERALLY explained why you were wrong, and then insisted you were right. Effect is a noun. Correct. Affect is a verb. Also correct. "It won't effect you" Incorrect. You and effect are both nouns, with no verb. The correct form is "it won't affect you" "You" being the noun and "affect" being the verb modifying that noun. You twit. Go back to third grade.