Still not calling it X

By twitterfailsme - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Israel - Rishon Le Zion

Today, I googled myself in preparation for my upcoming job interview. Turns out there's a girl on Twitter with my name and age who tweets nonstop about getting wasted and being on probation. She won't make her profile private. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 496
You deserved it 3 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Any employer that's dumb enough to think there's only one person in the world with your name is an employer you don't want to work for anyway.

Black0ut247 5

I'm sure you could explain the situation to employers

Comments

caitiebug1119 15

If she has a profile picture of herself that's obviously not you, employers will realize it's a different person. You can also tell them "I noticed there's someone with my name who posts a lot of inappropriate things, I hope you'll understand that isn't me. Here are the URLs for my real online profiles".

You see what happened was.... Lol . But on a serious note, they would be dumb to think that was you especially before an interview. An interview does not guarantee you get the job but to match the face with the profile. Anyways, they use your social security # to see if you have an record of previous offenses. That's what they are really looking for.

121 do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on? congratulations, yay for you, you get a gold star.

I say **** it, before we kick the bucket, life's too short to not go berserk.

mansen 15

I'm sorry, but did you actually ask her to make it private?

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

How did you even end up pregnant with that horrible attitude you have?? Did you rob a sperm bank?

Well I doubt you two look alike and live in the same city so why would they be confused on which person you are?

franklydizzy 5

what self respecting company is gonna Google you anyway? and why would they pay twitter any mind in an employee background check? they'll search your social security number and look for anything worth finding. so don't sweat it.

Most employers do a background check. And being on probation is something that would show up on a background check. So when they did one on OP and saw that she isn't on probation and never has been then they'll know that twitter doesn't belong to her.

That actually depends on the country you live in. Over here, it is highly illegal for them to do it without your consent. They can't access that kind of information without your signature. But refusing this, won't get you the job either :).