Still not calling it X

By twitterfailsme - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Israel - Rishon Le Zion

Today, I googled myself in preparation for my upcoming job interview. Turns out there's a girl on Twitter with my name and age who tweets nonstop about getting wasted and being on probation. She won't make her profile private. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 496
You deserved it 3 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Any employer that's dumb enough to think there's only one person in the world with your name is an employer you don't want to work for anyway.

Black0ut247 5

I'm sure you could explain the situation to employers

Comments

flip out on her and say you'll call the cops!!!! That's wrong and it's against the law to impersonate somebody. Personally I'd flip the **** out

#86, Just because someone shares the same name and age as you doesn't mean they're impersonating you. With as many people in the world of course there would be a chance for this. I've looked up my name on Facebook and found someone with the same name, age, and state. Different city and looks than me though. It is possible.

How is being given the same name at birth as someone else impersonating someone? Believe it or not but its not illegal for parents to use a name that has been given to another child. And more than one single family can have the same last name. People don't own their name.

xpokeloverx 6

You actually think with over 7 billion people in the world, that no one else would have the same name as you?

SuperMew 22

While this sucks, explaining to your employer or creating a professional Twitter with your picture and professional e-mail would help. However, just because someone shares your name and age does not mean they have to care about you. The girl has a right to post as she likes and does not have to make your life easier. Sucks, but that is the internet for you.

You don't look like her do u? Just explain that u have a life and maybe show them ur real Facebook page and stuff.!

Believe it or not but people can actually have lives and still use social media sites.

Oh, the old "I've barely slept" excuse. But it's half a step up from "my sister stole my iPod and posted that", I guess.

xpokeloverx 6

My daughter has an earache and I have been up for the past few nights with her. the "Oh I am tired" excuse is a stupid and shitty one. We all know you didn't know the difference and trying to use that excuse to justify it

25 yr old single mum with a teething, constipated 9mth old that won't eat or sleep no matter what I do. Any suggestions are welcome, if you've lost faith in humanity because of me then you should consider getting out more and broadening your horizons. Any other cheap shots, insults, snide comments, rude remarks or antagonisms that you want to make, have at it. All are welcome so don't be shy. My hair's falling out on its own already so feel free to rip some shreds off my back.

You could make a profile with your pic and post things that are normal.

Not to get off topic, but Bing would be worse.

Ovoxo_5 5

I just ******* admitted I was wrong! what the ****?? Can you honestly say that you've never muddled shit up before or made a mistake? **** me dead! I don't have a sister to steal my shit. The I'm so tired excuse is a poor and shitty one, I've been awake with my daughter. How old are you, how old's your daughter? Do you get help from your hubby at all because it's just me here love. How often do you lay awake next to her trying to ease her pain as tears roll down her cheeks and feel like your heart's being ripped out of your chest? Excuse ******* me if I'm a nervous wreck at my wits end and ****** up a verb and a noun We know, you know, I know **** all blah blah ******* blah.