Still not calling it X

By twitterfailsme - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Israel - Rishon Le Zion

Today, I googled myself in preparation for my upcoming job interview. Turns out there's a girl on Twitter with my name and age who tweets nonstop about getting wasted and being on probation. She won't make her profile private. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 496
You deserved it 3 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Any employer that's dumb enough to think there's only one person in the world with your name is an employer you don't want to work for anyway.

Black0ut247 5

I'm sure you could explain the situation to employers

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

I hope you washed your hands after you googled yourself. ;-) Seriously. You can explain it to your prospective employer. Also, there are probably images, none of which are you, I assume. I had a similar problem trying to get a home loan and didn't have an issue once I explained to the bank.

rlTlk 13

they Google you like that for home loans.. that's just too far.. sorry your credit checks out but your use of hashtags on Facebook is just unacceptable. loan denied!

I'm pretty sure employers go a bit further than just googling someone's name.

Well if your a girl and she's a girl your gonna have to hope for luck

What? Why would being the same gender have to do with not being able to identify who OP is? Unless this other girl happens to be the identical twin of OP and has everything the same, I don't see how she can be easily mistaken based on being a female.

Pictures are the answer! same name different face

perdix 29

The sad thing is that once they find out how much fun this girl is, they'll probably want to hire her. How disappointed they'll be to find out this party goddess shares a name with a goody two-shoes buzzkill.

I find it sad and slightly unnerving that someone who is out on probation and constantly getting wasted is considered to be a party goddess.

Totally unrelated #18, but as someone whose mother tongue isn't english, I am in awe of the way you phrased this. Plus I learned a word.

perdix 29

#37, wouldn't you find it sadder that a party girl would get a job over one who "plays by the rules?" The saddest thing of all is that you're getting wound up about my obviously absurd comment. Chillax!

45 it's called youth in the world today. Perdixs' comment isn't a far cry from plausible...

54 indeed, I would find that sad and greatly demotivational. I'm not getting wound up about your comment, I have a solid grasp of the sarcastic and absurd. I have never faked a sarcasm in my life nor do I intend to start now. I find your comment about as antagonistic as a homemade cupcake with vanilla icing and chocolate sprinkles.

BradTheBrony 19

"...faked a sarcasm..." That isn't even a thing. That's not- I'm not even gonna argue.

If you have a twitter, just tell the employer the right twitter and let them know of the bad twitter.

ninjuh_wingman 29

I'm sure your employer will understand if you explain that it's not you. On a different note, why the hell would someone openly tweet about being wasted and being on probation to everyone?

Probably a delinquent that thinks it's "cool".

could've been worse! she could've been on MySpace!

perdix 29

Just claim that it's not you. If you are lying, your pre-employment drug screen will expose you. Is there anything you want to tell us?