Small talk

By livvlynette - 27/02/2010 10:15 - Australia

Today, I went to a family funeral. Talking to my grandfather, trying to chitchat, he said, "You're gaining weight, aren't you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 125
You deserved it 4 271

Same thing different taste

Comments

That's the thing about old people - they have no filter. My grandfather said the same thing to me when I went with my dad to visit him, so I finally gave up being polite and said, "Coming from a man who spends all his time looking eight months pregnant, that's kinda retarded." He'd been doing this to me and anyone who wasn't essentially skinny as ****. So you have to understand I'd put up with this for YEARS. It doesn't help I have a binge-eating disorder, so I'm a tad sensitive about it to begin with. But not only was he being hypocritical, he couldn't see how it was rude and hurtful. Anyways, he then tried to tell me he'd lost weight and went off on me about my weight and eating right and exercising again (coming from the man with a house always stocked with a bazillion coke cans), so I told him if it bothered him so much, I'd just slip off to his bathroom and stick my finger down my throat. My dad spent the whole time trying not to laugh his ass off. It was the single most satisfying thing I'd ever done. If this is a one-time thing, OP, just leave it be. He's old and probably distressed over the death in your family, and not thinking clearly, plus as I said old people have no filters. They don't think about the implications or reprecussions of the things they say. But if this becomes a regular thing - well, you've got feelings too, and deserve respect just as much as the next person - don't be afraid to fight back!

joe_uncool 0
22cute 17

Sorry, my friend, most men have no idea how cruel that is. Like the trolls on here, as just one other example. Shake it off - he's clueless, the old fool.

Nice grandfather ... I don't think you felt better after that ....

Wads so bad about gaining weight? Y is this a reason to fyl????

No but I think you need now glasses or to get your eyes checked I have actually lost weight... It a shrewd comeback but it's something

xxWTFxx1981 23

you are a idiot for thinking you could explain something rational to a person who is obviously irrational and from planet mars...