Comedic timing

By Anonymous - 15/11/2021 16:00 - United States - Knoxville

Today, while at a family baby shower, my grandfather thought it would be funny to inform me, in front of everyone, that I had gotten fat. I'm 7 months pregnant and the baby shower was for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 024
You deserved it 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him he's old and you're gonna lose a lot of weight in two months, and then he'll be even older.

TrisaLink 5

your pregnant. getting fat is going to happen. do you really need to be upset by that?

Comments

TrisaLink 5

your pregnant. getting fat is going to happen. do you really need to be upset by that?

Marcella1016 31

I thought the same thing, then remembered pregnancy really affects your hormones. She probably overreacted, but it felt “legitimate” at the time. She may hate how she looks with all the baby weight and feel like she gained more than the “normal” amount or something. I’m guessing grandpa struck a nerve. OP - Don’t worry it’s not that big a deal and I hope you feel better. Be excited about your new baby coming soon, and all your family and friends coming to support your growing family! 😄 And on the bright side, you’ll lose tons of weight after the baby comes out, as it’ll literally suck the life out of you, feeding on all the extra calories your body stored for it. Woohoo!

Tell him he's old and you're gonna lose a lot of weight in two months, and then he'll be even older.

Take his hand and very seriously tell him "Grandpa? I have something to tell you. I'm pregnant. This baby shower we just had... it was for me."