Small talk

By livvlynette - 27/02/2010 10:15 - Australia

Today, I went to a family funeral. Talking to my grandfather, trying to chitchat, he said, "You're gaining weight, aren't you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 125
You deserved it 4 271

Same thing different taste

Comments

0mfgz 0

"Your getting more grey hair, aren't you?"

twinkies and cheetos overpower genetics. they were secretly formulated by charles darwin to make sure the religous freaks would never prove him wrong.

Misguided_Ghost 0

How is this an FML? Everybody gains weight. =|

jett_0621 0

@Misguided_Ghost that's true. Everyone gains weight.

transcedental 18

Mmm .. why do you get upset by something your grandma said.. :/ even if you did .. and obviously haven't noticed then you've become even more beautiful ^o^ .. no FML here *nod*

Then you answer with, "So when are we going to have your funeral? Did you get a chance to try out any of the caskets while we were shopping around for this one?"

tokintot07 0

family funeral? sounds like everyones dead. ouch.

LOL...that's what mine would say, he used to give me crap about my size 9 feet.

PsychoSplatter 0

Maybe he meant you're gaining muscle? He didn't say "You're gaining fat, aren't you?" I frequently have persons tell me I'm gaining weight, and they always mean muscle.

your subject doesn't agree with your gerund. "talking to my grandfather...he says" = "he says as he's talking to my grandfather" come on, he's an old person and a guy. my dad does that all the time, except he directly calls me "fat" (objectively speaking, I am not actually fat.)