Sirens

By yumx24 - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, at the local swimming pool, my friend and I noticed two cute guys had just arrived. When they jumped in, we immediately took off our tank tops and got in the opposite end. They looked over at us, then looked at each other, got out of the pool and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 108
You deserved it 16 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What awkward kids... Even if they weren't interested, were they really so afraid of even talking to you that they had to LEAVE?

DreMaMa 0

Maybe, It wasn't even about you? Maybe your friend is the ugly one...just saying

Comments

CONNIE1390 0

daaaang thats harsh i feel sorry for you

#28: The only reason the girls got in the pool and took their tanks off was because they thought the guys were hot and obviously they think they're hot themselves otherwise they wouldn't have taken off their tops, and the OP probably thought that the guys would just automatically start flirting with them. For everyone who's saying the guys are gay, uhm no sorry, hasn't someone ever had a crush on you that you never gave the time of day to? It doesn't mean you don't like their sex, it means you don't like them personally based on either their looks or personality. Seeing as these guys didn't even know the girls, they based it off their looks, and they didn't like them. There's a *small* chance they are gay (10% of the United States is supposedly gay) BUT most people can presume by someone's vibe whether or not they're gay. Either neither one of these girls has a gaydar, or those guys just weren't into them, and statistics are pushing towards the latter.

walloftext 0

I don't get all these people saying the guys are douches. Reverse the genders and everyone would be saying the guys were creepy and oh the poor girls getting harassed by unattractive creepy guys.

I'd laugh if the two guys were planning to swim over to talk to you and both realized that they needed to use the washroom and left. It would certainly give the wrong impression.

Awh, that bites. But hey, mabe they thought you were really pretty and were nervouse to talk to you or something :D Think about that possibility. :)

So you guys probably have weird looking ****

kingbeau 0

No.... Why the hell would they leave a public swimming pool because two people got in the *opposite* end of the pool? No matter how ugly you are, there's gonna be senior citizens and obese people at the pool too, or they're expected to be anyway. It's a pool for everyone and they probably paid to use it so, unless I'm missing something, either you're severely overestimating your importance or I call shenanigans.

jeanniner 0

Maybe they both had boners from looking at you two so they escaped before it was noticed.

I agree with #38. The OP just needs to get over herself. Not everyone is attracted to you.