Sirens

By yumx24 - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, at the local swimming pool, my friend and I noticed two cute guys had just arrived. When they jumped in, we immediately took off our tank tops and got in the opposite end. They looked over at us, then looked at each other, got out of the pool and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 108
You deserved it 16 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What awkward kids... Even if they weren't interested, were they really so afraid of even talking to you that they had to LEAVE?

DreMaMa 0

Maybe, It wasn't even about you? Maybe your friend is the ugly one...just saying

Comments

chasingstarlight 0

I think that they might have left because you came on too strong/were obvious. Give it time and play it cool. ;D They're more intrigued if you don't seem overeager. Better luck next time!

Yeah, some guys have this thing about forward ***** in a pool. Who want's what everyone else has already had?

Maybe it wasn't even about you, if it was 'cause of you it prolly was causer you are ugly and/or were really creepy. They are not superficial douches, would you date someone you are not attracted to? I sure wouldn't so why whould a person open himself up if he could never date. Or maybe they could tell you personality was to bold and/or cocky and slutty

maybe you scared them and they peed in the pool

There is, of course, the chance that they find you grossly unattractive... Now, I'm not calling you ugly, I'm just saying that attraction is a very subjective thing. I am sure you could conduct more public experiments and see how many head-turns or up-downs or up-down-ups (bonus) you get. If you get none... I'm sorry to say, you're ugly.

laurisshnazzy 0

I would say you were being way too obvious, but you got in at the other end of the pool. FYL.

hahahahahahha. that is hilariously depressing

I'm not entirely convinced that you were the reason they left. It seems odd to me, as others have pointed out, that they would be so offended by the removal of tanks tops at a pool, where people are usually dressed in less. Then, getting in at the opposite end of the pool drives them away? Uhm... neither of those actions strike me as coming on at all, much less coming on strong. I have to wonder what's missing from this story. Was there something said? Were one of these girls acting obnoxious in some way we don't know about? If this is the whole story, I suspect that the OP involved was reading far too much into something that had nothing to do with them. Of course, there is the possibility that these guys are vain douches, but I seriously doubt that even a vain douche wouldn't use a public pool just because someone unattractive to them removed a tank top and got in at the opposite end.

@#89 Do you even know what vain means? You couldn't call them worthless because you know nothing about them Calling them unsuccesful doesn't really work, that would work better for calling the OP that. And you don't know that just cause they are hot they spend to much time on their apperance.