Single shot

By irulan - 14/01/2020 03:00 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I farted so loudly in bed and I woke up my husband. Startled, he thought that someone was entered in our room and fired a shot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 533
You deserved it 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he got up and literally fired a gun then you need to take it away from him. To shoot blindly even after being awoken is reckless and will get someone innocent injured or killed

I'd believe it if you were in the US or some similar sort of violent dangerous country. But you're in the UK and keep a loaded gun in your bedroom? Are you ******* crazy? Unless "fired a shot" is a euphemism.

Comments

Depends which "gun" he fired that "shot" from....

ncparry 18

Well unless it was a shotgun that was illegal. You can’t own handguns. Most police don’t even carry. So you farted and your husband did something illegal because you farted?

Looking at other comments some people figured that the husband didn't fire a gun but thought an intruder fired a gun. He mistook the sound of the fart for a gunshot.

And this is why you should not have guns

reading the comments, i see that some people came to the conclusion that the husband didn't fire a gun but thought the fart was a gunshot and that there was an intruder. i'm hoping that's the case and that he didn't just blindly shoot off a gun. cause then i'd hope they never have kids, cause kids will eventually startle you awake when they have a nightmare or they need something like a glass of water.