Show off

By a stupid jackass - 22/06/2012 01:28 - United States - New York

Today, I got lunch with a girl I really like. On the way, for some idiotic reason I decided it would be a good idea to show off by jumping up to high-five the red hand on a traffic sign. I ended up slipping and slamming full-force into the pole. I now have a bruise on my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 937
You deserved it 37 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can always make the story sound more manly over lunch..?

Why do boys seem to think that girls like it or will be impressed by you doing stupid things? Trust me, she would have probably rather you just have been you than try to be "funny" like that. I know first dates can be nerve-wracking, but just act like normal next time; be yourself.

Comments

Maybe Americans should change their traffic lights to prevent this from occurring on regular basis.

It has nothing to do with that. If we switched to yours, he might have jumped to hit the little walking guy. Don't be anti American. I'm an Anglophile. But I can make an exception for you, bitch.

Or perhaps we should imprison all stupid people. That would prevent all kinds of mishaps.

Wow, shit just got personal. I suggest if you can't take a joke, maybe you get off this site. Babes.

nobody said this happened on a regular basis.. secondly, duck face. BANG!

Laugh it off OP. If all else fails, scream ”YOLO, bitches!” And go at the sign again.

FMLshark 12

So he goes from looking like an idiot, to looking like a complete moron. Great advice.

linkinpark98 23

...That would make him look like more of an asshole.

perdix 29

Keep trying, bro! Girls really go for guys with great jumping ability. I used to get laid all the time by showing off my 14-inch vertical ;) A very wise man once told me through an epic song-poem: Might as well jump. Jump! Go ahead and jump. Get it and jump. Jump! Go ahead and jump.

I guess there are no David Lee Roth era Van Halen fans out there predix. What's wrong with the world today?

At least you know you're a stupid jackass.

HooHooHa 6

D'aww, make her kiss your boo-boo

sillysh 0

Atleast you probably made her laugh:) that's the way to win a girls heart.:p

Girls don't find that stuff impressive.

Oh ya and they don't fall for cheese lines either.

FMLshark 12

"Ay girl, you be lookin' sharp as cheddar." No shit cheese lines never work on girls.

if the pick up lines are cute and cute and funny then maybe. if they're dumb and too cheesy then no. all girls are different.

linkinpark98 23

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think the girl laughed her ass off, and now she thinks of you as that one guy friend who happens to be funny. You might have just friend-zoned yourself.

I'm assuming the red hand on the sign was like a stop sign (depending on the country). So you would have to say that the sign effectively stopped you in your tracks with the lady? =^^=

You tried OP...... Well, On to the next one.