Sexless in Seattle

By Anonymous - 02/10/2019 16:00

Spicy
Today, it's become clear I might have married the only man on the planet who doesn't care about sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 026
You deserved it 502

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Then its time for a serious talk about your relationship with your husband this is kind of a red flag, it could be for alot of different reasons (sexual confidence issues, impotence, infidelity, asexual, etc.) I personally went thru something similar foolishly stayed for years only to finally realize I was nothing more to her than basically the home "bitch" if ya get what I'm saying.

First of all, men are just as likely as women to be uninterested in sex. It's not "super rare" as people seem to think. Secondly, have a conversation. Find out the reason; if he's never had a sex drive, it could be hormonal, or it could simply be that's he's asexual. In the former case, there are medical options. In the later case, further conversation required to see if he's the kind who hates sex, or if he's still perfectly happy to make an arrangement to suit your needs, or somewhere in between. Your needs are important to a healthy relationship, but there might need to be some back and forth til you find the least difficult arrangement. Either way, if he covered for this fact, or lied about it, you'll want to hash it out with him that that isn't cool. If it's not that he's never had one, then it's probably a medical issue (there are dozens) and you'll need to discuss with him how much it bothers you and how much it bothers him as to whether he's going to seek diagnosis and treatment. But can we please, as a society, stop thinking of men as super sexual, or that there's something 'wrong' with them if they aren't? It's perfectly fine for people not to be interested in sex, and if it's being caused by a medical problem, making them feel "broken" will just make them that much more miserable and treatment that much harder.

Comments

boredgirl_02 14

I feel your pain. My husband and I are separated, while married he never seemed to care. I knew he liked change so I tried different things. Once we separated we had a better sex life... all because he’s attracted to taboo things( now cheating on the mistress he cheated on me with...also the taboo **** he read is disturbing). My point being sometimes it’s finding out what gets them in the mood... and sometimes your not ok with what that is.

I know my ex did not recently get married so nope.